Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highly recommended fire starters from Melt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Buckskin Co. 10 lb. Fatwood Fire Starter Sticks | Stylish Dark Wooden Storage Box | Easy & Safe Fire Starter | Start a Fire with just 2 Sticks | Works in Any Weather Conditions | 10 lb. Wood : Patio, Lawn & Garden (amazon.com)

Got this for Christmas....they work great and I love the box!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I got it for Christmas....I know its over the top!

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I typically only light charcoal via a chimney for hot and fast. Ever use them for that?

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes to using them in the Chimney,
      1 stick is all it takes....

Just ordered 3 boxes.

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I should pursue a career as an "influencer"....usually considered a bad influencer!!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Bad Hat BBQ NOT yours!! I gots bundles of twigs to start bonfires.

I used these when I first started charcoal cooking. When I ran out, I couldn’t find them anywhere, and switched to cubes. But I’ve always liked these better. I ordered a couple of them.
    Last edited by Mosca; May 11, 2022, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Just ordered, almost out of tumbleweeds. Need them for the weekend.

Comment

Ordered a couple boxes thanks for the heads up

Comment

Well that's two spur of the moment purchases in the last week thanks to this group of enablers! But to be fair I was running out of tumbleweeds anyways so this purchase was inevitable. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            You will find that 2 purchases a week becomes a shockingly low number over time. 😃

Mine arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Just ordered some. I had two boxes of Weber cubes ready to order but figured I'd give these a try. Thanks Huskee !

Comment

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Not one bit, no pun intended. Tumbleweeds aren't perfect but I hated all those white specs everywhere! Attjack

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Andrrr I'm still using the weber cubes so I just take them all out right away and put them in a jar. Then I only have to clean up once.

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Always thinking, you are.

Ahhh screw those little cube things....mine's bigger than yours ha ha !!!

Comment

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              I like firestarters but I generally go with the grill gun for firing up the big smoker.

I didn't realize so many of you would order them, I should've set up a referral dealy-o. I hope those of you trying them like them as much as I do.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              You should do that Huskee! I made a killin on all the people buying Broncos the last few weeks!

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. Funny how we're all still looking for something a little better or a little cheaper for something so necessary to what we do (aside from those gassy/pooper types).
              I was going to add that I received my box today and used 2 to start my chimney, angled towards each other like a teepee, and they worked like a charm. Pretty sure I have my new firestarter. Thanks again for the recommendation.
              Last edited by Andrrr; May 12, 2022, 04:46 PM.

Just used mine for the first time. Did the empty tuna tin trick from LA Pork Butt Thanks for the heads up. Huskee

Comment

Looks like Amazon has a 30% off coupon making them about $12.50 a box and they would now
              qualify for the $10 Prime Day credit. Not bad.

Wait, there’s an extra 10% for subscribe and save (I cancel it after the original delivery) so I guess that’d bring it down to $11ish.

Melt Candle Company Fire Starter - Pack of 160 Charcoal Fire Starters for Campfires, Chimney, Grill Pit, Fireplace, BBQ & Smoker - Water Resistant and Odorless https://a.co/4sGWe3q
              Last edited by STEbbq; June 21, 2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I used three on some KBB in a 26 Kettle Sunday on a whole Picanha. I like 'em.

Comment

I like these. I used one to start my fire pit and just for kicks used a single flint strike and it fired up instantly.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah they work great when it's hot out and especially if it's not windy.

I highly recommend these for the Masterbuilt Gravity Series grills/smokers. Two squares fit like a glove in the charcoal grate, and work great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here