Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA for the FGC crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA for the FGC crowd

I've seen a couple of people and Panhead John mention using lighter fluid to get the coals going in barrel cookers.
    Well friends, have I got a product for you. The amazing! Stupendous! Marvel of modern engineering!

The bottom emptying charcoal chimney!

I bought one of these at my local Big Box home improvement store for a lot less than Amazon is selling it for. I've had it for 2 years, and if I had to guess it's going to get me through this year, and maybe next. But that might be pushing it. Even on a kettle it's a lot easier to drop the bottom out of the chimney, than it is to turn the chimney upside down. Not the heaviest duty of construction, but when this one dies, it will be replaced with another just like it.

You may now resume your regular viewing.

I had always wondered why this has not been done before, well I was wrong, it has. It makes more sense to me. Cool contraption.

Comment

Of all the things in this here hobby I done seen I ain't never done seen this'un here.

Comment

So not a chimney guy for the PBC.

Comment

• willxfmr
          willxfmr commented
          Editing a comment
          Great. Now all I can see is Dick Van Dyke dancing on a rooftop.

I ain’t never done did see something like that either, looks like a great idea Will. Even though "technically" I’m not a real person I can see how that would be useful. Without ever having used it, the only potential problem with using it on the Bronco, is their coal pan has a curved handle going across the top opening of the coal pan. Dropping the coals from the chimney into the pan would still, possibly, have some of the hot coals bouncing off the handle and out into the surrounding area. I might be nitpicking here but that’s the only potential drawback I see using it with the Bronco. For hot and fast cooks, I’m gonna stick with my lighter fluid. But hell, I might get one anyway to use with the kettle.

Comment

I have one of these. As noted, not built to last a lifetime but they work really well. Mine is about two years old and still seems to be holding up.

Comment

Why do I end up with something in my Amazon shopping cart every time I get on here recently?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Sucker! 😂

Panhead John why don't you use a shorty chimney? Lighter fluid probably just makes you happy and thats all that matters - you deviant! I wouldn't trust anything thats designed to drop the coals out the bottom. Call me paranoid but it would only take one fail to make for a very bad experience. . .

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              At minimum it would make me not want to wear flip flops while using it. And I feel like trigger discipline is important with this thing.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Ms Twiggy 😂 Lighter fluid is more funner and…I only told Will I might get one to make him feel better. [I’m not getting one]

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here