Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&B Charcoal at Lowe’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    😱 And they don’t carry Royal Oak.

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John It is ironic that you found B&B charcoal at 'Royal Oaks'.

• clb239
    replied
    I just looked online and my local Lowe's has the B&B lump in stock...I have never tried Lump might need to give it a try just because

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see the attention for pellets.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, it's always a good idea to somehow make sure first, Panhead John. If I'm driving any distance I like the store pickup method because you get an email that says it's ready to be picked up. At least that way somebody is supposedly matching up the SKU number with what's on the order. I don't always trust whoever answers the phone to know what they're talking about.

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    As I suspected Panhead John ! If you wouldn't mind, in future posts can you please refer to that huge stash of Weber briquettes you're still working on instead...? 😆

• jfmorris
    replied
    I bought some B&B at Academy yesterday - my Lowe's does not have it. They only had the hickory lump in stock, no oak, so I took a bag of that ($12.99 for 20#) and a 17# bag of their briquettes for $8 I think. They had no char-logs in stock either. Just the hickory lump and the briquettes.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Not one to brag, but since I joined AR and posted some of my cooks, so many people are trying to duplicate them. That’s why charcoal sales are skyrocketing. So I guess you can blame me for the shortages. 🤓
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 12, 2021, 02:52 PM.

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, it shows online that they have them in that specific store (WOOT!) My daughter has decided, 2 weeks after Christmas, that she wants a new bike, and is willing to pay for it herself, so... if I go and they're out of B&B briquettes, we can at least look at bikes for a 12 year old and all is not lost!

• FishTalesNC
    replied
    I posted this in another thread somewhere, but B&B responded to me on their FB page with the following when I mentioned I can't find their briquettes anywhere, including at Ace:

Hello Jeff, you are not the only one in this certain predicament. There has been tremendous demand on all charcoal products, and we have increased our production up 40%! However, demand is up almost 60% and it is difficult to catch up. Ace is buying more products from B&B than ever before so they would be the best option at this point. I am not sure why you can’t buy it online from Ace. They are receiving truckloads of B&B every week. Academy Sports sales are also up. Do you have an Academy near you?

I've since called my local Ace where I last purchased the B&B briquettes and talked to the manager, and he confirmed that a) they don't have the briquettes in the store, and b) it showed their warehouse was out of them as well, so he couldn't order any. He had no idea why the warehouse was out, or when any more might come in.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Even better Steve. For a long drive sometimes I’ll call the store and have someone put any eyeball on the product. Sometimes the quantities the store website shows, doesn’t match up to what’s actually in the store.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Not bad! $8.50 each for a 20 lb. bag.

• au4stree
    replied
    Originally posted by jlazar View Post
    I have not been able to find B&B briquettes at Academy for over six months. They do carry the lump, pellets, char-logs, and logs. Anyone know why the briquettes are no longer available. Folks at our Academy are clueless.
    I too cannot locate their briqs at any of our local Academy Stores. I’m giving this a try from Sam’s, the description and such look very similar to Royal Oak Prem or Chef Select which I love.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	53B42023-4D5C-4065-A21A-51D2E15A693E.jpeg
Views:	330
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	973013

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Or maybe try ordering online for in-store pickup in Cary.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    I think it varies by location. My Academy has plenty of B&B briquettes.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here