Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&B Charcoal at Lowe’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&B Charcoal at Lowe’s

Yesterday B&B tweeted that Lowe’s is currently testing sales of 7 of their products at "select stores" (they don’t know which stores). I can’t find any mention of it on the B&B website.

For those averse to clicking a Twitter link, I took a screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1CD66B71-FC95-4727-9D3D-C5709F1FB8F4.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	972752

I’ll probably check the Lowe’s in Chapel Hill this weekend.

I really hope ours starts carrying B&B products!! but if they do get into the Lowe's nation wide I hope they can keep up with the demand better than they currently have.

Comment

I bought several bags of B&B orange at Academy Sports yesterday for $7.49, regularly $8.99.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang! The nearest AS is 236 miles away! My Ace never has them

Heres a link to Academy. They sell several B & B products.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Even better Steve. For a long drive sometimes I’ll call the store and have someone put any eyeball on the product. Sometimes the quantities the store website shows, doesn’t match up to what’s actually in the store.

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it shows online that they have them in that specific store (WOOT!) My daughter has decided, 2 weeks after Christmas, that she wants a new bike, and is willing to pay for it herself, so... if I go and they're out of B&B briquettes, we can at least look at bikes for a 12 year old and all is not lost!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it's always a good idea to somehow make sure first, Panhead John. If I'm driving any distance I like the store pickup method because you get an email that says it's ready to be picked up. At least that way somebody is supposedly matching up the SKU number with what's on the order. I don't always trust whoever answers the phone to know what they're talking about.

My Ace had something from B&B named Pinion.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pinion wood is usually from New Mexico. I use it in our chiminea. It smells great and keeps bugs away.

I hope they carry it here at the Lowe's in my town. I've had to go to Academy Sports in Greensboro to get it before but that is about a 30-35 minute drive.

Comment

I have not been able to find B&B briquettes at Academy for over six months. They do carry the lump, pellets, char-logs, and logs. Anyone know why the briquettes are no longer available. Folks at our Academy are clueless.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it varies by location. My Academy has plenty of B&B briquettes.

I found B & B Lump Charcoal at my Lowe’s just now. I happened to be shopping nearby so I thought I’d check. 15 lb. bags for $12.98. I didn’t see any briquettes. They also had Weber SmokeFire Pellets. If anyone in Houston is looking, I found it at The Royal Oaks Lowe’s...corner of Westheimer and Kirkwood.
        FishTalesNC
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panhead John; January 12, 2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see the attention for pellets.

• Clark
          Clark commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John It is ironic that you found B&B charcoal at 'Royal Oaks'.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          😱 And they don’t carry Royal Oak.

Originally posted by jlazar View Post
        I have not been able to find B&B briquettes at Academy for over six months. They do carry the lump, pellets, char-logs, and logs. Anyone know why the briquettes are no longer available. Folks at our Academy are clueless.
        I too cannot locate their briqs at any of our local Academy Stores. I’m giving this a try from Sam’s, the description and such look very similar to Royal Oak Prem or Chef Select which I love.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	53B42023-4D5C-4065-A21A-51D2E15A693E.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	973013

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Not bad! $8.50 each for a 20 lb. bag.

I posted this in another thread somewhere, but B&B responded to me on their FB page with the following when I mentioned I can't find their briquettes anywhere, including at Ace:

Hello Jeff, you are not the only one in this certain predicament. There has been tremendous demand on all charcoal products, and we have increased our production up 40%! However, demand is up almost 60% and it is difficult to catch up. Ace is buying more products from B&B than ever before so they would be the best option at this point. I am not sure why you can’t buy it online from Ace. They are receiving truckloads of B&B every week. Academy Sports sales are also up. Do you have an Academy near you?

I've since called my local Ace where I last purchased the B&B briquettes and talked to the manager, and he confirmed that a) they don't have the briquettes in the store, and b) it showed their warehouse was out of them as well, so he couldn't order any. He had no idea why the warehouse was out, or when any more might come in.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Not one to brag, but since I joined AR and posted some of my cooks, so many people are trying to duplicate them. That’s why charcoal sales are skyrocketing. So I guess you can blame me for the shortages. 🤓
          Last edited by Panhead John; January 12, 2021, 02:52 PM.

• FishTalesNC
          FishTalesNC commented
          Editing a comment
          As I suspected Panhead John ! If you wouldn't mind, in future posts can you please refer to that huge stash of Weber briquettes you're still working on instead...? 😆

I bought some B&B at Academy yesterday - my Lowe's does not have it. They only had the hickory lump in stock, no oak, so I took a bag of that ($12.99 for 20#) and a 17# bag of their briquettes for $8 I think. They had no char-logs in stock either. Just the hickory lump and the briquettes.

Comment

I just looked online and my local Lowe's has the B&B lump in stock...I have never tried Lump might need to give it a try just because

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here