Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford Charcoal at Wal Mart $7.94 for 30 lbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford Charcoal at Wal Mart $7.94 for 30 lbs.

I am camping this weekend and decided I needed a bit more charcoal, just in case. There is a Wal Mart less than five minutes away so I popped in there and grabbed a dual pack of 15 pounders. I saw a price of $7.94 but thought it was for the other non descript charcoal that was next to it and there was a small $14.88 sticker on the display so I thought that was the likely price. When the guy scanned the charcoal, it came up $7.94. I said "go ahead and ring me up for four total". The $9.99 sale during the Memorial Day and Labor day comes out to $.2685 a lb. where this is only $.2646 a lb. Not a huge difference but perfect timing for the summer if you missed the Memorial Day sales

I have no idea if that is a nationwide price and the Wal Mart by me closed down for "plumbing issues" (no plumbing permits have been pulled) a couple of months ago so I am going back today to get more.

Cool, I will check mine out. Have your people learned not to unionize yet? When they do I am sure it will open back up.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      They must be slow learners...lol

Home Depot has the 2 18.6 for 10 again too.

Comment

I went back to the same Wal Mart (van crapped out and had to replace a battery terminal) and the $7.94 display was gone and they had 15 lb. bags for $8.96. I walked over to the charcoal aisle and saw the same good deal mixed in with the other charcoals...lol

Comment

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Ordered mine on-line just now - only 4 left at 1 store. What a steal for $7.94!

Thanks for the heads-up FLBuckeye!

--Ed

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        So, even though it appeared to be available, Walmart cancelled my order due to lack of availability.

Lowes is advertising the 2 pack of 18.6 for $10 starting tomorrow (25th)

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup we got that too... must be nationwide ?

• JTK
        JTK commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the heads up. I just ran out on my lunch break and grabbed two twin packs. The guy at the register asked if I was having a big cookout this weekend...I said nope, just me and my fiance...I got an odd look in return. I can't pass on almost 75 pounds of charcoal for $20.

• Usernamevalid
        Usernamevalid commented
        Editing a comment
        JTK, Maybe he thinks you're cooking your Fiance!

FLBuckeye, I edited your post title to show that it's Kingsford charcoal at Walmart. When I first read it I thought it might be store brand you were referring to.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. I should have been more specific

Looks the like 4th o' July sales are starting! I have probably 8 twin packs left still but I can't seem to resist these sales. It's an obsession. Like my wife with flowers or nail polish.

Comment

Stopped by Lowes, went to the charcoal, EMPTY!

WTF?!?!

So I asked. He pointed me to a display in the center aisle.

PHEW!

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamevalid View Post
          Lowes is advertising the 2 pack of 18.6 for $10 starting tomorrow (25th)
          It's $9.88 here

Comment

Here too. I didn't think the $0.12 was worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamevalid View Post
              Here too. I didn't think the $0.12 was worth mentioning.
              A penny save is a penny earn

Comment

It was neither saved nor lost, just not mentioned.

I apologize to anyone who may have missed the sale because the extra twelve cents would make or break the deal!

HELLO? Hello? hello?

Comment

Apology accepted but I didn't missed the sale. But I can see that some people can't take a joke...enough said

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                    But I can see that some people can't take a joke...enough said
                    Yeah, I'd say that is pretty evident.

Comment

Have a great day @usernameinvalid I have nothing else to say....nice anyway

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here