Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems extravagant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems extravagant

Seeing as you can buy the same bag at big box stores for $11 this guy is a real opportunist
    I really like Cowboy lump but not st this price
    Attached Files

But is there any to be found at big box stores? I'm in Alberta, and I can't find any charcoal. I'm down to my last five bags...

Comment

Kinda in the same boat, not much around but generic charcoal here too.
      Canadian Tire is all Christmas down here, Walmart has been out since June, Home Depot's prices our crazy if they have any in stock at all.
      Its nuts.

Comment

smokin fool ACE hardware stores here in SoCal have a big selection, including the bag in your picture for $17.99.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...okers/charcoal

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          smokin fool My apologies. I did not notice that you guys are in Canada. Not sure if ACE would ship to there or the cost. But $50 is in ripoff range for sure.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, lucky me to live in Canada....Even if Ace did ship up here there's still the exchange, shipping costs and duties and taxes.
          As I have lamented before, for a country covered in tree's it sure is hard to find charcoal here!

I think General McAuliffe response to the German commander at Bastonge in WWII sums up the price of that "NUTS".

Comment

I'm feeling for ya', but I can't get poutine here...

Comment

• Argoboy
            Argoboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I made my own charcoal it is not that hard to do and my cost was $0 as I scrounged up the barrels and I have my own wood. My charcoal seems to light better and come up to temperature faster.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Argoboy I'd give that a shot but Mississauga FD would probably take a dim view of me making charcoal in the driveway

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            JGo37. Find cheese curds and beef gravy you have poutine.
            You may even find canned poutine gravy on the shelf at Walmart, I know they sell it at my local Wally

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here