Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford Blue Bag Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford Blue Bag Sales?

I wonder how much the Kingsford Blue Bag sales (amount not dollars) are down this year compared to last year because of no Memorial Day sales at the big box stores.

Hopefully they are down enough where we won’t have to go without sales in the future.

I was at the depot this morning, unless the pallet was replaced and sold down, it seemed to be about the same as what it was at the end of last week.

Comment

I would guess there is more at home grilling going on these days. I don’t shop often but supplies seem low. If there is a high demand there is no need for sales.

Comment

I found KBB at Kroger here in Cherokee County, GA for $6.99/16# bag. It's still on sale as of today.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a really good price for these days and times.

Last Friday I hit up Lowes - 2x20lb blue bag for $16.98, and costco had 2x18 professional for $14.99

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep and Yep here too. Good as its gonna get for now.

Been wathdoggin on this since afore Memorial day, an as I stated elsewhere, I'd haveta venture a guess that this significantly reduced th volume of product they typically move each year...

Also haveta reckon (hope, at least) that they have way smarter folks than my danged ol self, callin th shots, an did what they saw fit fer their business, employees, etc.

Comment

Was in Lowes Saturday, none available.

Comment

I wonder if Kingsford plant had to shut down, so maybe their supply is very low and they can't do the sale because they can't meet demand? I have only 1 or 2 twin packs left from last year. I was going to get 10 bundles at this sale.

Comment

• Razor
              Razor commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point. I was going to buy a new LP tank from my local U-Haul. They normally go on sale Memorial Day weekend. The manager told me they were going to do it this year but couldn’t get them in.

Saw a 2-pack for sale at $14.99 at my local Costco today!

Comment

I wonder if it just cut into profits too much or made their sales too cyclical. Steady production is the best for them and I’m sure I’m not the only one who stocked up enough KBB that I rarely had to buy any outside of the 2-3 sales a year. I don’t put much stock in the covid effect because this has gone on for a couple years now

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here