Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber briquettes or B&B briquettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber briquettes or B&B briquettes?

Anyone know of any comparisons? I've seen the video where B&B briquettes easily tops Kingsford Professional, but I suspect Weber would beat B&B briquettes!
    Last edited by JoeInTX; May 22, 2020, 05:51 PM.

I’ve compared B&B lump to Weber briquettes, and Weber beat the B&B Lump in that test - 12 hours versus 10 hours burn time in the SNS at 225F. I think B&B briquettes might burn longer than their lump, but have not gotten a bag yet to test it out.

My testing was all in the Slow ‘N Sear in a Weber kettle.

Comment

I’ve used both and would use either again. But I would have to say I like the Weber briquettes best. They gave me a more consistent and longer burn. The only problem I had with the B&B was when trying to get them above 325 for a chicken Cook on my 26” kettle. But for lower temps both were great.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInTX View Post
        Anyone know of any comparisons? I've seen the video where B&B briquettes easily tops Kingsford Professional, but I suspect Weber would beat B&B briquettes!
        I'd go with B&B. I've tried Weber and it's good but B&B burns a little cleaner. Far as I know B$B maybe the cleanest burning charcoal briquette out that I know of.

Comment

Here is something FishTalesNC posted the other day. https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/k...urn-test-2017/

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooospie, you said Weber and B&B.

How about this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuvyeQ6H4pc

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
            I've seen that one. Weber charcoal briquettes are not part of the comparison.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here