Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Kingsford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Kingsford

Are they gonna have sales?

I just checked Lowes. the 20# 2 bag is 19.98. Keeping an eye on it. Figure this weekend it will go on sale.

Comment

Home Depot currently has two 20 lb bags for $19.88. Or you can score two 16 lb bags for only $25.98.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard. I did and it's not worth it.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I noticed that yestidday, an was also perplexed...

Plus, I jus noticed they have single 16 pounders fer $9.76.

This New Math crap makes my brain hurt lol!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 19, 2020, 03:33 PM.

I miss the old days....

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Where you could have any size bag you wanted as long as it was 20 lbs. I miss it as well

Lowe's is a zoo right now. Went in over the weekend for a couple things and needed a xanax by the time I got out.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Went Sunday. There at 7 A.M. Was not bad at all.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't need to go to Lowe's to be up for a Xanax. Just getting out of bed does it for me! ;-)

I was told a couple of weeks ago while looking for mulch on sale at a HD that they were not doing "sales" as that would cause people to break socal distanceing.

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife works on a school schedule so she got a summer job at Home Depot and their store surpassed its Q1 revenue projection by over a million dollars and sales have only been increasing. The sentiment at her store is that the idea of a promotional sale discouraging social distancing is a PR spin that conveniently allows record sales at full prices to continue.

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, HD employees don't get a store discount -_-

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I went to Lowe's a couple weeks back for lumber and brick. I stood in a line that stretched around the garden area. I need more materials but I don't want to go back. I might see if I can put in a phone order and do a curbside pick up.

Sams has 2-20lb bags for $16.98. Great price

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely better, but no Sam's within 35-40 miles, here...Th Blue Belle'd happily drink up th difference in gasoline, or more...

First real long weekend up here last weekend and on Sat the Gov't finally opened hardware stores up.
      You couldn't get close to our Home Depot from open till close and there wasn't one BBQ/smoking item on sale or marked down.
      Walmart had a skid of Royal Oak in March, it sold out and that's it till next spring according to the manager.
      Outta wood chips and chunks too. Like really guys?!?!?!
      Sad state of affairs up here, I live in a country covered in trees you can't find charcoal or wood chips.

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it’s time to get a stickburner

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones It is around but as you said about your beloved Blue Belle the round trip drive pretty much makes it a financial disaster.
        Problem was the gov't gave the stores permission to open Fri afternoon and most except the big chains couldn't/didn't react to open sat morning on such short notice.
        Hoping by next week the smaller places will be up and at em.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly hope that will be th case fer ya, Brother!
        Yeah, we're in Phase I of reopenin, locally, which most likely will be Phase I of a rampin of CV
        To date, there have been 62 confirmed cases in my county, outta ~125,000 folks, 53 have already recovered, 0 cases currently in our Regional Hospital...; there's only been like 2-3 cases in LMH, since this started...countin my Blessings....
        We have more than plentiful smoker woods, cattle, swine, an yardbird. For Now.

Andrrr oohraahh!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 24, 2020, 05:04 PM.

Our Lowe's, here in Wichita, has 2-20 lb bags of Kingsford for $16.88 ( .43/lb). Dillon's has a 16 lb bag for $6.99 (.44/lb). Home Depot, my usual go to, has nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Bout th same here, bupkis.
        Howdy, Neighbour!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here