Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fogo advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fogo advice

I have been using BGE charcoal in my Primo but was not happy with the last bag because of the size of the chunks

I heard really good things about Fogo site bought a bag. I just opened it and the chunks look absolutely huge to me . For those that if used it before does this look normal?

Attached Files

Yes. You'll love it!

Comment

Fogo is all I use. Those looks great. Sometimes if the pieces are really long I snap them in half.

Comment

Smoking a brisket using Fogo right now. First time using them. The chunks in my bag are big too. That's a good thing though, right?

Comment

• pjlstrat
          pjlstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          I think so yes and based on the other responses I think I’m good and so are you

I am in our two of a six hour ribs smoke and so far so good

• Smoking77
          Smoking77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent. Enjoy your cook.

Looks about right.

Comment

Those are huge to me. Unfortunately Fred has a small firebox so I have been using either Cowboy Brand Hardwood Lump Charcoal or Royal Oak Lump. Well crap. Just jumped on WalMarts website and they have an online deal right now for a 2 pack of 20 pound bags of Cowboy brand Lump for only $1.41 more than buying a single bag. putting the link below if someone uses it.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Your lucky, just over at my local Walmart they're sold out of lump charcoal.
            Spoke to the manager, that's it for the season, not getting any more in.
            Like....what kinda chicken outfit is this....
            Don't know if your link will work up here in the sticks but will give it a try. Thanx.
            Home Depot has Weber lump for $45 a bag, at that price I'm not going to burn it, I'm gunna put on the mantle and worship it.

For anyone looking at Fogo... Their Super Premium has the larger pieces. Product description: "Large sized charcoal (80% > 4in pieces)". Their Premium has smaller pieces. Product description: "70% of medium sized pieces of 2 to 3 inches, 30% 1 1/3 to 2 inches.". I've always used the Premium in my kamados and it costs a bit less. Maybe one day I'll try the Super Premium.

Comment

• pjlstrat
            pjlstrat commented
            Editing a comment
            That makes sense I went super premium

I’ve used Royal Oak and sometime there are few large pieces. Recently Walmart has been selling 30# bags which seem to have more large pieces.

Comment

Good ol Canadian Tire still has tons of charcoal in stock.
            Got this made in Canada charcoal, probably the only thing still made in Canada besides maple syrup.
            Bag was torn open, they gave me $5 off
            Deal
            Attached Files

Comment

Just got my first 2 bags of Fogo on Thursday.
              Yes the size of your lump looks just like mine.
              It’s almost too big for the large BGE.
              But Sooooo much better than having half a bag of chips and dust.
              Got a couple of racks going right now. When their done gonna crank up the heat and cook some chicken.
              So far I’ Loving it.
              Thank’s for the info fuzzydaddy Next time I’ll try the regular premium.

Comment

I have a bag of Fogo Premium waiting too cook up a tri tip on my PK Grill on Thursday. Will be my first time using it.

Comment

Holey crap Batman, only available from Amazon up here 17lb bag $82.37, 35lb bag $168.70 plus delivery.
                  May be the best thing besides sliced bread but to rich for my blood.

Comment

• jgreen
                    jgreen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have not bought, but I think there is a Canadian distributor.

• jgreen
                    jgreen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    smokin fool you can order in Canada from Dickson Barbeque. Might even be close to you.

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the tip, I did not know of Dickson, we usually go to BBQ in Burlington.
                    2958 Bloor St W about 35 mins away, 15 from my mother so there's going to be a side trip.
                    Excellent prices, 8K bag of Fogo $38.99 but 3 bags free shipping anywhere in Canada.
                    Even the Maple Leaf I brought today is 19.99 for 8K bag $2 cheaper than CT
                    BBQ Galore not BBQ in Burlington.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here