Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam's Club sale on Kingsford blue bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's Club sale on Kingsford blue bag

Was at Sam's club today to get some meat for my competition this weekend. Ran across a display of Kingsford blue bag charcoal. It had the two 20 lb. dual pack for $14.48. I bought 240 lbs at Home Depot the last time it was on sale under $10 but apparently I did too many cooks (but not really) and I ran out last week. I picked up two two packs for this weekend but will be going back next week to get more. The sale runs until March 29th. Not sure if this is a local sale or a national sale. The main Sam's club page directs you to select your club. I did put in a CA location and the price was the same. $3.50 off

Great thanks for the heads up! It's on sale at my local store in central MI too, so if Fl, CA, and MI have it I'd say it's gotta be national.

That's a great price if you can't wait until the $10 sale.

I got I think 16 doubles (32 bags) last Labor Day sale. I think I have 12 or 14 left.

Comment

I got 12 bags and ran out. I did do a bunch of test cooks seasoning my new WSM.

Comment

Sweet, I got 12 double bags and ran out like a month ago.

Comment

I just looked at the 3 Sams closest to me and my hometown club, Papillion, NE and the one in Omaha is $14.48 for 2 bags and the club in Counciltucky, er, Council Bluffs, IA is $12.16 for 2 bags. FLBuckeye thanks for the tip!

Comment

Tomorrow Thursday, 3-5-15, Costco has the Kingsford Competition (2/18lb.) at $ 4.30 off per bag. Limit three. The sales brochure doesn't give the regular price.

oldsteve

Comment

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              They had the same special last year. To me it seemed the the competition charcoal burned hotter than the blue but it also seemed to burn faster which makes it problematic for smoking.

$14.48 at my Sam's Club in Murfreesboro, TN. ...now, how many to buy?

Comment

Enough to get you to mid/late may when Home Depot or Lowes will have the 2/20# for $10

Comment

Wow, wish I was a Sam's member. I was within a couple of inches of running out of my Labor Day purchase of 8 doubles and had to pick up a couple of small bags of Blue at Walmart. I've never seen charcoal at my Costco, but I'm hoping they're getting in some stock of the Competition because I'd love to try it out.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, my club here in Iowa has for 14.48 too.

Comment

Originally posted by mhalbrook View Post
                    Enough to get you to mid/late may when Home Depot or Lowes will have the 2/20# for $10
                    EXACTLY what I was going to say!

Comment

Just came back from Costco. I bought (3) double bags of the Kingsford Competition briquets at $19.99 less the $4.30 discount = $15.69 a bag. Tomorrow, road trip to Sam's Club to get some of the original blue Kingsford. By the way, I'm in California.

oldsteve

Comment

Yeah, I heard that Costco had set a limit of 3 bags of Competition. My friend is going next week (nearest Costco is 2 hours away) to pick some up for me. Meanwhile I'll score some Original at my local Sam's. Thanks for the heads up on the Sam's deal, FL Buckeye.

Kathryn

Comment

Lowes has Blue 2-20lb, or 2-18.6 for $14.99, no limit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here