Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontier Brand Lump Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontier Brand Lump Charcoal

Hi All,

My local Lowes stores have had the 20lbs bags of Frontier on sale for 9.99 and I wanted to see if anyone on this forum currently uses it or has used it and what do they think of it? I currently use Royal Oak Lump as my source of fuel.

Thanks,

Cam

I think it's good stuff! I've used it and I'd buy it again. 20# for $10 is a deal, IMO! I typically pay $8 for 10# of Ozark Oak, which is my favorite charcoal.

Comment

I have used it in the past and it's not bad. I prefer Royal Oak lump because: 1., it is made in the U.S.A. (or at least the bags I buy from Home Depot and Menard's). 2. My experience has been Frontier had more smaller pieces and dust compared to Royal Oak. Maybe it was just an anomaly with the few bags I bought at Lowe's. 3. See #1. I have yet to understand why charcoal has to be imported from Mexico. In any event, if you have had no problems go for it! 50 cents a pound is cheap. Do they have a limit on the number of bags you can purchase?

Comment

Looks like there may be two kinds of Frontier .. that made in Argentina or made in USA. The nakedwhiz.com review favors the made in USA over the one from Argentina.

Comment

If the charcoal is very sparky, it's likely from South America.

Comment

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I LIKE sparky! lol Of course, I'm crazy, but everyone knows this. For me, it's part of the real wood experience and harkens me back to the days when I was a boy with my parents and grandparents. We would cook and preserve so many things using wood and homemade lump charcoal. Good times...

halve used fronter several times check bag to see contry of origin it`s a little bit sparky size of lump vareys from bag to bag (probaly handling by store) has good flavor use it to start my LANG to get good coal base

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here