Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal Bricketts vs Charcoal logs or lumps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I recall correctly, Meathead years ago on this site AND in his Book "suggested" that consistent cooking with charcoal briquettes/briquets/briketts/etc. vs. chunks, lumps, logs, coked paper, etc.,

IS [and I'm paraphrasing here, but YOU get the point]

Pick one and use it a lot until you know its peculiarities. Get anal - i.e., count the number of cubes you use for each particular cook and track it. If a particular fuel drives you crazy, pick another and use it until you know its peculiarities.

I am a BBQ "duffer" and used KBB mostly for 50 years because my Dad did. I dabbled in other brands and with FOGO (UPS guy apologized for the bag which broke while he was delivering it at an exorbitant price), Cowboy (until the brick bits got TOO much), etc.

I have now settled on Weber solely because it has less ash than KBB and is easier to find, relatively, than KBB Pro or whatever it is called. It took me a couple years to calibrate my head to it as the "units" are larger than KBB, but I've pretty much got it down - some written, some in my head. Doubtless, I waste some as I know I put more Webers in than I need because my mind says, "If I were using KBB, I'd need about ten more," so I put a few more in. 50 year habit, I guess.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here