Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy Natural Hardwood Briquettes first cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finster
    commented on 's reply
    Great price. Cheaper than the KBB 2 bag price for a much better product

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Funny I’m the opposite I don’t mind they’re lump, will buy Cowboy over Royal Oak or most any brand with the exception of Fogo or Jealous Devil.
    I can’t remember seeing they’re briquettes up here

• Sid P
    replied
    Damn! I just drove by there on Saturday!

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I know what I am doing tomorrow!

• Murdy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220630_122330.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1245199 They are back at Costco, saw them today in Geneva IL for $15.99 / 2-18 lb. bags
    Last edited by Murdy; June 30, 2022, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Well, that sounds like an awesome deal but a super rare one!

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Originally posted by zero_credit View Post
    If this is a regular Costco thing, I will have to give them a shot.
    It's not, at least as far charcoal goes. They put Kingsford on sale, but usually $3.00-$5.00 off. I've never seen Cowboy briquettes there.

When they're trying to get rid of seasonal items, they'll steeply discount it. The "tell", (other than the low price) are items with prices that end in $0.97.

They discount stuff for variety of reasons, so it's not uncommon to see things discounted like that, but you never know what's going on sale.
    We're always on the lookout for those deals at Costco, and I've never seen charcoal discounted that steeply.
    My wife actually saw a lone pallet of it, towards the back of the warehouse. At first I thought it was the lump, (which would have been a hard pass), but it was the briquettes. I did a quick search on the price, then loaded up the cart.

I would have bought more, but I stocked up on a bunch of KBB Pro, and B&B lump, (all on sale, of course ), and literally have no more room for any more charcoal.
    Last edited by Skinsfan1311; October 18, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I detest their lump, love their briquettes.

• STEbbq
    replied
    If this is a regular Costco thing, I will have to give them a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Would be good news if their briqs are good. You are right to say their lump totally sucks.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Damn, I would love to see that deal at my Costco. I would be bringing home at least as many 2 packs as you did!

In my Cowboy brig's are quite a bit better than KBB. Cleaner burning, last longer, burn hotter, yada yada. I like them just about as much as I like Kingsford Pro.

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    started a topic Cowboy Natural Hardwood Briquettes first cook

Cowboy Natural Hardwood Briquettes first cook

I couldn't pass up the deal, at one of our local Costco's. $9.97 for 2x18lb packs.

I was a little leary, because the Cowboy lump flat-out sucks. I bit the bullet, because the only binder is vegetable oil.

I tried them out in a Weber Jumbo Joe at a tailgate party this past Sunday. Lighting was easy enough, with a couple of Tumbleweed fire starters. Lighting time was okay but it's hard to judge, because it was so damn windy!

Once lit, they burned hot, clean and seemed to burn as long as the KBB. Again, it was windy, so I'll have to try them out on one of the 22" kettles, and the WSM but my first impression is that I like this stuff.

Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here