Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking directly on a chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking directly on a chimney

I have seen pics of people cooking directly on charcoal but hadn't tried it. Last Friday we cooked chicken wings on a friend's 26 in Weber at a high school football game, and I marinated sirloin steak bites in red wine, vinegar, and salt. I also cut up poblano peppers. I put the peppers on the charcoal chimney when the lump charcoal was bright red halfway up the chimney, and then seared the steak bites at the 3/4 mark. This made for a delicious appetizer while the wings were cooking! If you haven't cooked directly on the charcoal on your charcoal chimney, you should try it! Don't waste all that heat while the charcoal is heating up.

The steak bites and peppers were gone by the time the chicken wings were done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211001_191800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	1106590
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211001_192610.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	1106591
    Last edited by mrteddyprincess; October 7, 2021, 07:21 PM.

Very cool!

Comment

Yes, I do that too every now and then since I'm mostly cooking for just me and the wife. Way faster, and I don't have to clean the grates. Win!!

Comment

Interesting.

Did your team win?

Comment

• Draznnl
          Draznnl commented
          Editing a comment
          With that menu, it sounds like they won the tailgate. Isn't that the important part of the event?

• mrteddyprincess
          mrteddyprincess commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! Home team won!

Caveman style is the best! Done it many times while camping. will sometimes find a flat rock and stick it on top of the coals to act as a plancha. works pretty good for grilling potato slices or even for grilled cheese sammies in a pinch.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here