Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kingsford Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsford Sale!

Neighbor tells me...................ssssh don't tell anybody. Home Depot has Kingsford on sale 2, 20 lb bags for $16.88.

$3 off is better than nothing. I miss the days of 50% off....sigh.....

Comment

Wow! That’s a steal! My local Home Depot circular in the paper was touting…2- 20 lb. bags for…..$19.99
      I immediately stopped "making out" with my 21 year old supermodel girlfriend and rushed down to pick some up.
      Last edited by Panhead John; August 28, 2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, 21 years? That's really old for a dog 🐕.

Picked up two at Costco for $14.99 on Tuesday

Comment

• mcook2201
        mcook2201 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was this the Pro or regular blue bag? Thks in advance

• dwlacroix
        dwlacroix commented
        Editing a comment
        Pro

Thanks will check it out. If H.D. is doing it got to figure Lowes will too. Radar up.

Comment

Checking online, Lowes.com still shows $19.98 for two 20lb bags.

Comment

It’s been so long since the $9.99 for 40lbs sales have happened. Those were the days.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SmokingPat
            SmokingPat commented
            Editing a comment
            The difference between a man and a boy ... 👍

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m trying to figure out how you came up with your screen name. 🧐

I ran out of B&B lump, and in the past week, I *FINALLY* broke the plastic wrap around the last 2-pack of KBB that I bought in 2018, back when you got two 18.6# bags for $9.98 every Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day weekend. At one time in September 2018 I had 70 to 80 bags of charcoal stockpiled in a back yard shed. Despite the humidity in an outdoor shed in humid Alabama, that KBB burns as good now as it did when I got started the stock-pile in 2017 or 2018. Heck, if this was from the bottom of the pile, it might be a 2017 bag.

I'm burning it in both the kettle and the SNS Kamado, until I use up both bags. One got dumped into the Performer storage bin, the other lives open in the shed, as that is near the kamado. Once its all gone, I'll break down and go buy more B&B lump and briquettes. Unless they return to really good sale pricing, I am done with KBB for now. I just don't like that startup white smoke and aroma compared to B&B, and at $12 for 20 pounds of lump or $8 for 17 pounds of briquettes, the B&B at Academy is a better buy.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I also like B&B briquettes I just wish we had a Academy or an Ace around here.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm B&B all the way nowadays. I can buy 17.6# bags of briquets at Academy for $8.99 anytime. Factoring in B&B's longer burn time, Kingsford's sale prices aren't even better now.
            Last edited by Steve R.; September 17, 2021, 01:22 PM.

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            The wife use to make fun of me because I stocked up too. Now that the pile is almost gone I have the last laugh, except it’s not funny.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here