Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crisis!!! gasser died going old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis!!! gasser died going old school

ok my gasser died. i bought a cheapo charcoal grill and Frontier hardwood charcoal. been ages since i BBQ roughly how long for corn in shuck? how long will coals last?

Heat is heat, so you're probably looking at something like a gasser on medium flame or a bit higher. Coals should last at least a couple of hours for direct grilling. Plenty of time to do corn, steaks etc. If you're cooking for a party over several hours just add more coals (unlit is ok).

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks a bunch for the perspective!

One more thing - unlike a gasser the coals are however hot they are, so if you have the space, push the coals to one side so there's some area of he grill that's indirect heat. That will let you move things off the direct flame if they need to cook more but you don't want them over the flame.

Comment

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      least of my worries as i did not get the coals red hot... my stupid bad. almost 2 hours for corn and 25 min on steak... worst cook in ages. BUT pork t-bones Tuesday.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here