Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Charcoal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Charcoal

I did not know this.

Ford Charcoal Briquets - The Henry Ford

And they later became Kingsford...

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kingsford worked for Ford and was the engineer tasked with creating the briquettes. It had nothing to do with reducing waste or reusing, Ford did not like to see any profit loss - even from wood scraps - so he instructed Kingsford to do "something" to make use of the scraps. Charcoal briquettes were what Kingsford came up with. I believe Ford still holds the patent to this day..

Really interesting…thanks jlazar

Comment

Kingsford was a highly trusted engineer & I think was somehow married to a niece or somebody. There is a post that I put up with pics of what remains of the original plant. It is located in Kingsford Mi which was a town that was later formed & is adjacent to Iron Mountain. Maybe someone can find the post or I’ll find it when I get home if yer interested.
      Last edited by FireMan; May 17, 2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I'm a Chevy man myself so no comment....

Comment

Ford certainly popularized the charcoal briquette, but invention and patent application belonged to a chap named Zwoyer: Who Invented Charcoal Briquettes? - Who Invented It

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here