Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&B briquettes $12.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&B briquettes $12.99

Stopped at my local Ace Hardware for other things and found B&B briquettes (orange bag) for $12.99/17.6lbs. Is that a good price? Been wanting to try them and this is the first place I’ve found them in over a year. So I bought two bags regardless of the price but if it’s a deal I’ll go back and buy more. Please advise.

Sounds like a good price to you, two bags full.
    Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't know PBR knew how to grill. How does he hold the tongs?

That’s about normal. On the Ace Hardware site I see it for that price before I set my store and then after I set my store location it goes up to $13.99/17.6lb probably because I have to order them to the store because they only stock the smaller size bag.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!!

I’d be happy to find some at all.

well,
    Jfrosty27, your thread had me check again online and my local ACE has it available again! I’ve been trying to get a refill on this stuff now for like a year. $13.99/bag but I don’t care because I love it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Arsenlael; April 14, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Good deal for a high quality product. I love anything B&B.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't like their kiln dried wood. No moisture left in it and burns too quickly.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I have not tried that. Kiln dried is always too dry. Troutman

Ordered a couple more bags online from Ace just now. Thanks for the reminder! Finding them in stock at all can be considered a "deal."

Comment

That is the average price around here at Ace. They usually put B&B on sale a couple times a year. B&B also hasn't been excluded in the rewards program like most other grill/bbq brands.

Comment

I’ve used these three times now and really like them over the KBB. None of that cruddy white smoke at start up, burn seems hotter and longer. I only bought two bags so I think I need to run back for more before they’re gone if not already.

Comment

I’ve been trying to get some of this via the local Ace stores here in the Trenton, NJ, area, and keep striking out.

The quest continues...

Comment

I saw them (orange bag) at Academy Sports the other day for $10.99.

Comment

The local Ace has then at $13.99

Comment

Saw this at H.D. Doesn't say sale. Think it would come down for Memorial day? Down to my last 2 bags. I'll assume Lowes is the same.

Comment

Out of stock at my local Ace...AGAIN. I need to find a new hobby.

Comment

I've actually just started to order everything charcoal related online and picking it up the next day. Especially if it's B&B brand. The local Ace here has 3 stores that are owned by the same guy, so they'll gather them up from the others to have one convenient pick up. Currently B&B lump is on sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here