Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Smokenator for 26" Weber Kettle & Free Maverick ET-733

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Smokenator for 26" Weber Kettle & Free Maverick ET-733

Free Smokenator for a 26" Weber Kettle and the water pan. Both need to be cleaned up a bit. All I ask is that you ship me a box, packing material, label and pre-paid postage, insurance, etc. for USPS or FedEX or UPS. I'll pack it up, add your labels and take it to a nearby USPS or FedEX or UPS. Below are pictures that show the approximate weight and some measurements. Now that I have my Slow 'N Sear from abcbarbecue the Smokenator is never going to be used again.

Free Maverick ET-733 Black. I've only used it a couple of times, and it was working the last time I used it, however 1 probe is probably bad. I prefer my ThermoWorks units. All I ask is that you ship me a box, packing material, label and pre-paid postage, insurance, etc. for USPS or FedEX or UPS. I'll pack it up, add your labels and take it to a nearby USPS or FedEX or UPS. Below are pictures that show the approximate weight and some measurements.

I'm not crazy (don't ask my wife) - just wanted to share with fellow Pit members. It's senseless for me to keep these on a shelf not being used. Hope you can get good use out of them. PM me if interested, or with questions.

These can go to the same person or different people. The first PM I see in my AR inbox gets them, however once we have exchanged information and set a date for the box/etc. to arrive, if the box/etc. doesn't show up within 7 calendar days from your estimated date, I'll have to go on to the next person (unless of course, we've agreed to a new date).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	93692

Name:	IMG_1835.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	93693

Name:	IMG_1834.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	93694

Name:	IMG_1836.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	93695

fuzzydaddy. That's nice of you. Hit that smokenator with some GP66 and it will look new.

David Parrish probably got a big smile on his face seeing your post.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      He probably did

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      😆 I was thinking more like that kind of smile.

David Parrish, the Maverick ET-733 has a taker.

The Smokenator is probably going to be hard to move, even at a cost of $0...thanks to you . I may have to find a creative way to use it as a piece of yard art!

Very happy for the success of the Slow 'N Sear.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      fuzzydaddy what ThermoWorks products do you prefer over the Maverick 733? Just curious.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      FuzzyD thank you Sir for the nice comment. We're pretty stoked about all the buzz ourselves!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Breadhead, my first purchase was the ChefAlarm and though I don't have remote capabilities, I'm comfortable with it. I also have a DOT.

Reminds me of this old post for a free couch.

Comment

_John_, that's awesome. Maybe I'll have to change the price of the Smokenator to $1.89 and see if that moves it quicker.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        I would have jumped all over it, but I am happy with my setup of fire bricks and a couple loaf pans.

OMG, it's already started! I've done only 1 dry run (failed miserably, too) with the SN, and I could foresee this type of post coming with the arrival of the SnS. (In a hypnotic voice... I want SnS, I need SnS, click to buy SnS now...)

Nice gesture fuzzydaddy.

There may be Couch Tonite at some point soon. (In a hypnotic voice... I want SnS, I need SnS, click to buy SnS now...) I'm going to carefully start a campaign with #1 to convince her of the immediate need to have such a powerful device to take the cooker to the next level. Y'all have seen the movie Inception? Yeah! That's it! TG I have Leonardo's cell.

Maybe we'll have a thread such as "Cool things to do with the SN that weren't intended"
      "Anything that works is obsolete" - Arthur C. Clarke

Congrats David Parrish

--Ed

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ed. I wish you the best of luck with the spousal permission regarding back to back BBQ accessory purchases. You could tell her we're running a limited time special on shipping, maybe that'd help?

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! Off to the site!

5 min later....

Congrats on selling out with the Limited! Brilliant idea!

Hey #1! The SnS is ON SALE @ 20.00 off AND DISCOUNT shipping! Costs less than what I spent on the GG's! That'll do it!

Oh, Goody, Goody, Goody!

Thanks @Pit Boss!

--Ed
        Last edited by Medusa; July 3, 2015, 05:33 AM. Reason: Poised... sitting on ABC site

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, we do what we can

Though I mentioned it above, the ET-733 is gone.

The Smokenator is begging for a home but I would recommend you just get a Slow 'N Sear and I'll retire the Smokenator to a scrap place. You'll be very happy with a SnS.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy. I think you should put your old Smokenator in a box and send it to David Parrish as a gift. He can keep it as a company artifact. It should be archived as the first customer to retire his Smokenator once he received his Slow N Sear.
        Last edited by Breadhead; July 8, 2015, 12:35 AM.

I'm thinking of putting the SnS on one side and the SN on the other and see if the Vortex will fit in the middle and then either my cast iron griddle or a pizza stone and see how how I can get it.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        We're gonna need to see pics TB. pics.

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been thinking of picking up an infrared and I think Thermoworks has some on sale. Need one that goes above the 500 mark for sure.

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently got an ennoLogic eT650D ( -58 through 1202 ) off of Amazon. I think it has a 10 yr warranty.

Zapped the gasser w/ the GG's and it reported 786. Zapped a cushion on the (covered) deck and it reported 104.

Too much fun zapping!

Good idea with the SN!

--Ed

The Burn don't forget the Aubur, the Guru, and the Tip Top.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Just strap a hair dryer onto the kettle air intakes, stand back, and see what melts first

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        David Parrish - likely it would be my skin

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm now that I think about it, as the company owner I should probably keep safety in mind and say this is a bad idea, but theoretically speaking my money would be on the hair dryer melting first.

I've got a buddy who just bought a weber kettle, he may be interested in the smokenator until he gets permission to upgrade to the SnS!! Is it still available?

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, us36soccer the smokenator is still available. It's for a 26" Weber Kettle.

Great, I'd love to surprise my buddy with it.

Comment

Cidergregg, I just sent you a pm.

Comment

David Parrish, I would be willing to ship you my "First Customer's Retired Smokenator" if you have any interest. Just wanted to offer it to you before I scrap it. Apparently the demand for these has taken a nosedive. Also, you can close this thread as I'm shipping out the ET-733 tomorrow.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL I like it. I'll PM you my mailing address.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here