Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older WSM, am I asking too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older WSM, am I asking too much?

It’s an older WSM that I have on OfferUp. Asking $150, not firm, but no bites. Am I out of line? Rather it go to someone who will use it, then sell it cheap to someone who will end up not appreciating it. Still functions fine. Little rust on replaceable parts and a small touch of rust on the bottom bowl. I didn’t want to ask too little and have it go to waste.
    Attached Files

18 or 22? How old is it?

Comment

• Mojo0209
      Mojo0209 commented
      Editing a comment

• Mojo0209
      Mojo0209 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got to be 15 years old

Golly I thought it was about a personal ad for an "Older White Single Male", asking for advice.

Comment

• Mojo0209
      Mojo0209 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha

• Mojo0209
      Mojo0209 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m married for 18 years and still could use a lot of advice

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Mojo0209 Bein's ya asked fer advice...here's mine:
      If'n ya ever happens to find yerself Single, learn to be Content wit Dat...

Shape isn't that bad but at that age I would ask 100 and take 75. You got your money's worth a long time ago.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hunnert's a reasonable market price, OBO, given...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 22, 2020, 09:09 PM.

Gonna see an old buddy tonight, think I’ll just give it to him.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Really Kewl, an ultimately worth far more than a hunnert dollers ever gonna do ya, Brother!

• zzdocxx
      zzdocxx commented
      Editing a comment
      I find I am far more satisfied giving a nice quality well-cared for used item to a friend than selling it on a lowball offer.

I mean the main thing is someone who will appreciate it, in terms of what it is and how it has been cared for.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more, Brother...

Now, jus git him to join Th Pit...

I have a buddy with an 18” that has been used 4-5 times. Asking $125. Not a single inquiry.

Comment

I’m thinking that an 18 that has 15 years on it, a reasonable price is $75.

Comment

• Mojo0209
        Mojo0209 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, cheap and convenient

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s still going to have years of cooking left on it. Give it to your buddy that wants to learn how to smoke. It will be a great place for him to start

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        What Eric done said: ya'll be repaid many times over...

Nice handle mods.

Comment

• Mojo0209
        Mojo0209 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks cheap and convenient. I am terrible on the phone. Sent that to ecopower. Thanks for the help y’all

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Mojo0209 - I did the same thing. Added handles, grommet, wheels and a custom wood handle for the lid. In fact just used my little WSM for smoking a butt last night. Having pulled pork tacos with friends tonight. Cheers.

Guess, I was high on price. I’m gonna give it to my buddy. He says he wants to start smoking, maybe it just works better that way. If he won’t use it , I know I’ll get it back and regift it. Rather have it go to use. I have smoked a a couple of hundred times on it, just got a newer used version. Thanks for the input all.

Comment

• Mojo0209
        Mojo0209 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe not a couple hundred , but every weekend when it’s not snowing for years. I might exaggerate once in awhile

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Jus curious...does it seem to malfunction, when it has snowed, historically??? lol.

Bought mine used for $80 about a year ago. Was in excellent shape and was lucky I was first because the seller had plenty of interest.

Comment

This age guide works for WSM as well as kettles. http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here