Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank's Rubs have been slighty redesigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank's Rubs have been slighty redesigned

It was time to give the labels a face lift, and also make them more consistent. I spent some time with Adobe Illustrator, and this is the new look I came up with. The content is exactly the same as before, so no surprises there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HanksTrifectaJar.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	536.5 KB
ID:	893676

I know some of you have requested bigger bottles/bags also, but I've unfortunately been too busy to get around to that yet.

Either way, the biggest change is that my Signature Steak Rub (middle one) went from black to blue, and it has beeen given a clearer name so first time users know what to expect and what cuts of meat to use it for.

I'm shipping rubs with the new labels to the US early next week, so depending on when you order you may get the old design, or the new one. Anyhow, for those that try them out, or already have, thank you.

Here are the Amazon US links, in case you want to try them out:

Beef Rub

Pork Rub

Steak Rub

I want to point out to all that these rubs are great for more than the cut of meat listed on the bottle! I'm using that KC Royale on all my grilled fish, as the lemon-peppery profile of KC Royale goes well with fish.

Glad to see the new labels, and that more is on the way to Amazon!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim, great to hear!

I need to buy these - goal for next payday as I've splurged too much this past week. Have you considered listing a three pack - one of each?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Doh! I do that in Sweden, and it’s very popular. Will check w Amazon on how to do that. Thanks for bringing it up!

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree! A combo pack would be great for those of us looking to try them for the first time.

Buying these as soon as there's room in my spice cabinet.

Do they have salt in the rubs?
    Dont want to double salt my meat.

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      They have salt, but I've never had any problem using them on dry brined meat.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yes, they have salt. On average 25% by weight, which is way less than most other rubs.

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Can't wait to try them out.

Right now I've got like 6 rubs, and my wife doesn't understand why I need more than one.
      Have to finish 1 up before I order....... Better get that PBC fired up

I guarantee you will LOVE ALL OF THEM!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I guarantee that I have both HouseHomey an Henrik Sixes both covered, in this matter...
      Really Great Rubs, yall...

In Fact: If'n ya feel that ya don't like em, send em to me, fer a full refund
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2020, 01:42 PM.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones - my man!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Henrik 10-4 I understand, used to work for a customs broker it’s not easy sometimes
      Can’t blame a guy for trying....

Henrik You have to find a Cdn distributor, tried to get thru Amazon.com and keep getting stonewalled.
    Even on My daughters Amazon Prime and she knows what she’s doing.
    Mr. Bones has graciously offered to buy some and send it to me buts that’s a lot to ask of him though I do really appreciate his offer!
    My guess would be to get thru to Amazon.ca and see if they get some distribution going for us needy Canucks.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea be careful for sure. We have friends in Alberta and ship back and forth. The tariffs can surcharging can be killer, on both ends!! You would think we’d show a little more brotherly love, do you know what I mean?

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman you’d think with the new free trade whatever just signed things would be easier but....not.... like I lament things some take for granted are no go here although I got Tony Chachere’s with relative ease last week

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love too, looked into it some months ago, but the fees and mandatory 3rd party importer deal killed it completely. Unfortunately.

Henrik Just a word of advice, the pictures shown Of your spices are generic in nature. Thinking of ordering a steak rub and they’re showing your regular Signature Rub. I’ve been burned on similar issues, you get what’s described and not what is shown and vice versa.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Eeer...not sure I’m following, could you explain it differently? I’m keen on people ordering getting the right impression and of course liking the product.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      If you go to the Amazon website under your new Steak Seasoning they show pictures of your old Signature Steak rub logo. It says Steak Seasoning but the picture threw me off. I guess you updated the label and need to get rid of older labeling??

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. Will update photos this week, Amazon backend is having issues. Am in contact w support.

Love the look. They look great man.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John!

I won't use anything but Hank's Bonafide on brisket.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      👌👌👌

Why you messin with me Henrik?
    I hate change.
    I’m sooo confused now.
    I hope Amazon can get you on the right track.

😂😂 You know I’m messin with ya.
    Love the new look.
    Keep up the great work. 👊👊

Comment

I like how you call the Signature "Signature Steak" now. It is a fantastic steak rub, way different that the 500 other steaks rubs out there that are all some mix of garlic, onion, salt & coarse pepper. It's even good on hot dogs! (I know, who seasons hot dogs, right? Well, I do! And Signature is great on 'em!)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Trade Secret, only fer Pit Members:
        It's also great on Bacon.
        (Now, Don't rat me out, fer tellin yall this, please?)

Happens in Th Pit;
        Stay In Th Pit...
        Aight?
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2020, 10:27 PM. Reason: ;

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones, got another bacon secret here. Right before you turn your thick sliced bacon for the next to last time, sprinkle a little Lawry’s Garlic Salt and fresh ground black pepper on one side. DAMN!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Panhead John I'll have ta try me that; I generally coat both sides, plop it in th oven on a rack in a sheet pan, an go take my mornin shower, while it all works itself out ,together...

Henrik I can't wait for you to develop another rub and if you need a guinea pig taster I am here for you. I'm a giver.

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        He is working on a new rub that is a 50/50 mix of ghost and reaper peppers.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahumadora I'm, IN, Like Flynn!!!!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment

Hi Henrick. I just saw this post and wanted to get some of your rub on Amazon. I think the site might need a couple of changes maybe? Not trying to be critical, but all the pictures are of 3 bottles together. I’ve bought a million things on Amazon and even I’m a little confused. I’m sure the price is probably for one bottle, but a lot of people might think they’re getting 3. One reviewer did mention that. Also when I clicked on both of the pictures off to the side, the description said Pork Rub for both of them. Even though one picture showed all 3 flavors. I’m including a couple of screenshots for you. I’m definitely gonna buy some and try it, if all these guys here swear by it, it’s gotta be good! One other thing maybe would be to include the size of the bottle, (how many ounces the bottle is) and have them state how many bottles you get for that price. Amazon is just showing the price per ounce, leaving it up to the customer to figure out how much they’re getting. Thanks, I can’t wait to try it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; August 9, 2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your input! Ive added that info in Amazon, but they don’t show it. Will work on that today, and also improving photos.

I love these rubs.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        me three

Just ordered the beef rub on Amazon based on all of these great comments.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinkin ya'll Love it...

They is a Money-Back Garnishee, as posted above, if, fer some reason, ya might happen to don't...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here