Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Weber kettle legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Weber kettle legs

I need a set of Weber kettle legs. I currently have my kettle on a cart but with my new outdoor setup I would like to put it back on legs but I can't find mine. Sure they got tossed during one of our shed clean outs. My stupidity but regardless I am sure someone has a set of legs that they would sell cheaper than what Weber wants!!

Includes 3 legs, fastening hardware, and instruction sheet.Please double check the specs and fits info to ensure that you’re choosing the best part for your grill. Questions? Our team of grilling experts are here to help: 800-446-1071 or [email protected]

Comment

• castironchris
      castironchris commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah but add the wheels and the triangle bracket and its up to about $75.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't read your whole post, sorry. Good luck.

It may take a while, but I am pretty sure someone will be putting an old kettle on the trash heap. I don’t know the size of your cart, but could you make a smaller cart?

Comment

• castironchris
      castironchris commented
      Editing a comment
      I probably could but since giving my stepson my Jumbo Joe this kettle will also become my portable pit to take down to the lake so the legs would just make that aspect easier. In fact, I thought about just making some short legs out of something to make that part easier and putting on a table or something when using at the house.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, this is most likely th affordable path to legs...
      Cain't even begin to count how many 22s I've gotten offa CL fer~$20-25 USD
      castironchris

Hmmmm....
    grillparts usedta have em, but I ain't seein em this mornin...???

Here's one source, I dunno bout shippin:https://www.ereplacementparts.com/le...p-1475759.html
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 30, 2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Probably best to find an old kettle on CL or FB. I’ve seen them for as low as $30.

Heres one.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      Last edited by Mosca; March 30, 2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

yeah i have been watching Facebook Marketplace and Offerup and Craiglist for a couple of weeks but nothing has showed up in my area just yet. I agree that is probably the way to go. Just got to be patient I guess.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, it will come. I picked the first one I saw, but there is actually another in my area that is closer, and $30 instead of $35. And there is a shiny new one for $50. Of course I don’t need any of them, but heck.

With spring popping all around you know people are going to be buying a new grill instead of cleaning up the old one. Do a early morning drive though the neighborhood on garbage day. Better yet go to that area with the big houses. You might find one better than yours!

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless you live in Maryland.

If I want to find something the best thing to do is buy new a one, install them and throw out the receipt.
        Within a few days you'll have Weber kettle legs falling on your head from every direction.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you're thinking right, castironchris !

One other idea, and I'm just spitballing here: go to one of those sites where there are lots of posts of people's DIY Weber kettle carts. There has to be a lot of unused legs lying around in those peoples' garages.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          So very true, was tellin my neighbour such, today, when he was wantin some plastic wall anchors. I did manage to find him a few, though!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          castironchris, I know a guy who'll buy th legs lol
          Mosca

How about some 1/2" aluminum conduit? A 10" section is less than $4 at Lowe's. No wheels, but you could rig some if you wanted to.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Was thinkin along those same lines, bein a sparky

• castironchris
          castironchris commented
          Editing a comment
          1/2" EMT is too small. 3/4" is close but still a little sloppier that I want. 1" is too big. Gonna try some 3/4 rigid may be the ticket. I am taking some home today and try.

I had a $20 facebook market place find. It was missing the front leg. I was able to replace it with an aluminum shower curtain rod from Home Depot. I think it was $7. I think it was 60". I can't remember for sure but the front leg about 19.75". So cut in three you would have no wheels but it would work. I would think you would want to connect the three legs in some way to keep the legs from bowing out. But maybe table set up at your house and legs like this when you take it with you.

Comment

I actually bought a stick of 3/4 emt and just made three legs out of that and used sheet metal screws to secure. Worked out pretty good I think. I have missed several cheap kettle deals on craigslist and marketplace but none as cheap as the piece of emt!

Comment

You could go hunting, there is a lot of em in the wild up where FireMan lives...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here