Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG w/table, $900 near Philly (not mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG w/table, $900 near Philly (not mine)

Just a heads up. I’d scarf it, but I don’t need it.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

I saw this and thought about selljng my Hasty Bake for it.....but laziness is winning, great deal

Comment

I can’t seem to get the link to work, is it newer?

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like its onle been used a few times and its still available

Ok, found one (possibly the same one) now what should I look for when sizing up a used grill like this? It’s definitely used, but looks like it’s in decent shape from the pics.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        The one I linked is in Souderton PA. I’d contact the guy, ask to see it. Make sure it’s all there. It’s not like there’s moving parts, if everything is there it’s a deal. If I was in the market I’d drive the two hours with $900 in my pocket. That’s a fair deal, IMO.
        Last edited by Mosca; March 4, 2020, 08:58 PM.

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing Mosca. Moving parts and electronics break and there aren’t many on it.

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Things to look for:
        Rust, chips in enamel
        Lid opens closes easily, hinges not bent
        Gasket intact
        Snap Jet works
        legs that hold fire grate not bent or missing
        no holes in ash catcher
        Is it clean
        General signs of hard use/abuse
        Last edited by Old Glory; March 5, 2020, 03:52 AM.

I'd sleep on the couch for a while for that one.

Comment

What’s the likelihood that I can find a deal on a new one (obviously it won’t be this good of a deal)?

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Very unlikely, most Weber stuff is rarely discounted. A while back someone was selling the summit charcoal grill without the table on eBay for a good discount, but I’ve not seen it there in a while.
          Last edited by jfmorris; March 5, 2020, 08:00 AM.

From most of what I’ve read on others experiences here and in other forums you may find one for a couple hundred off, maybe a little more if you wait till the end of the season and find a dealer looking to liquidate. That is unless you’re GroceryBoy, then you find the mother of all deals!
        Im about to pull the trigger on a 1 year old used one which has me a little bit nervous too but even if you buy this and you need to spend $600 on replacement parts (unlikely) you’re still $500 ahead.
        Last edited by Andrrr; March 4, 2020, 09:42 PM. Reason: Added groceryboys story

Comment

Oh man I would be all over this if I had the room. I live in the city and with a Genesis and a WSM 22 already in the outdoor space my girlfriend would kill me if I brought this home.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here