Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Slow 'n' Sear XL New or Used

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Slow 'n' Sear XL New or Used

This is a long shot.

I had just made the decision to buy an SnS XL a few weeks ago. Apparently right around when I made that decision is when ABC discontinued the SnS XL. Yes I know that I can just refill my SnS 1.0 during the cook. Yes it's worth the money to me to only have to fill the charcoal hopper once at the beginning of the cook.

They are saying the SnS 2.0 will work with the 26 kettle and provide 8-11 hours of smoke. About the same as the XL. Thus the discontinuation of the XL. The 1.0 and 2.0 are not similar.

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s interesting when I emailed ABC to get confirmation that the XL was DC’d the rep recommended I get the 2.0 instead. I replied and asked if it would be significantly different in terms of how long it could go from the 1.0 and she said no. If that’s not the case I would consider the 2.0 but it kind of seems that because I have the 1.0 it would only make sense to go all the way to the XL or spend no money and refill. Not sure... not that I think anybody just has an unneeded XL in their garage

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep keep the 1.0 and refill that has already been said above. No big deal.

The 2.0 holds a similar amount of charcoal when the water reservoir is removed, so the SEAR zone is the same as the XL. The low and slow cook times will be shorter with the reservoir installed because then the 2.0 holds less charcoal, but you'll still get a good 5 to 6 hours. 2.0 is also much cheaper than the XL and works in any 22" kettles you have.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      The water reservoir has no bearing on the number of coals the SnS holds. It is on the front and can be removed on newer ones. They recommend the 2.0 as it holds enough coals for an 11 hour smoke at 225 for the 26. I know it is a bummer not to have the XL, let them know how you feel.

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      mountainsmoker , LMAO... you do realize you just replied to the inventor of the SnS… my guess is he knows the product he invented better than you do.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      mountainsmoker maybe Nate helped you to see this, but the 2.0 is called the 2.0 because it's a redesign, in which the reservoir is removeable and sits inside the charcoal basket. Removing it gets you more room for coals.

The OP found what he needed and asked me to close this post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here