Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NJ peeps: camp chef smoke vault 24 free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJ peeps: camp chef smoke vault 24 free

im moving on from my smoke vault so if anyone here wants it and can pick it up ill be happy to donate to a forum brother. Preferably someone who wants to use it and not just flip it.

Almost 2 years old. Needs a clean but ill do that before pickup.

Good for you, and a great deal for someone else. I was in a similar boat a year or so ago but in the end decided to keep mine and use it for mainly baking. Does a great job with multiple pies.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd haveta guess they'd be absolutely superb fer makin lotsa jerky at a time, as well!?!?!?

As a long-time smoke vault user, I'm curious to what you're moving on to.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really moving on to anything. Just been doing 95% of my cooks on the kettle. And i recently got a small gasser and about to get a blackstone griddle. So its partly making space and partly just not using it.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks grantgallagher. I was curious because every once in a while I also think about moving to a different smoker. Nothing at all wrong with the SV, but I too cook mostly on my Weber gasser and Buckaroo wood burning grill. Need something to smoke on, but wonder if there is something that could do double duty, like a kettle.

Wow, very generous of you. Nothing better than free!

Comment

If only you were in AZ! I would be right there. Oh well, someone else can be blessed by your generosity!

+1 on the idea of what are you moving on to?

Comment

Very nice of you.

Comment

How many racks of baby back ribs ya reckon it might hold? I might be interested. I have an idea which might Be dangerous to myself again

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Id say it could probably hold 8-10 racks

Interested!
          What area of NJ? I'm in Western Monmouth County.

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Im in middlesex county. A little south of rutgers.

• Kevin_nj
            Kevin_nj commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks like Nuke em was first? If he bows out l can get there easily enough. I work in Jamesburg.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Kevin_nj Im in monroe so extra easy. We’ll see what Nuke em says.

Well.... since I DID chime in first.... I won!!! And since I am the winner and need another grill just for ribs (and bragging rights of adding to my other 7 grills) I would like to donate my winnings to Kevin_nj. He could use it probably more and I know he would make it a good home. At least he better. Congratulations Kevin_nj.
          And thank ya kindly grantgallagher for being so generous.

Comment

Nuke em I appreciate it, but you were first and I was going to use it just for jerky. I have my MAK and a Kettle that handles everything for me, and really I can use the MAK for jerky too, just wanted to increase my production.

And yes, grantgallagher this is truly a very generous offer.

Comment

Well whatcha waiting fer. Get up and get it and get some jerky fer me.
              im gonna win the monthly giveaway so I’m not to worried. Please take it. My early Christmas gift ya ya

Comment

Kevin_nj let me know if you want to grab it this week. Probably thursday is best as i wont be home until later wed or fri.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Kevin_nj picked it up today. Sadly i missed him so i didnt get to put a face to the grey silhouette, lol. Hope you enjoy it and work it to the bone.

Comment

• Donw
                      Donw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So good of you to pass it on like this. Now Kevin_nj has to at the least replace his gray head with a picture of it.🙂

It really was a grand gesture by grantgallagher to donate his smoker.

I already have a batch of Jerky marinading for what I hope will be my first run with it this weekend. As long as it will hold the temp I want I should be able to increase my production.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here