Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting charcoal or wood grill FS in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would buy that without blinking. I purchased a real cool pit that I have not shared yet on the pit. I plan to relatively soon. This has been the spring from hell for me and my family regarding illnesses but we're just starting to see the light.

From what I can see in the photo, the price is excellent but you could offer a little less. I like custom made unique gear.

Good luck

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope that all yall are well on th mend, and wishin yall good health, Brother!
      (Hope I caught ya, before Nap Time )

• NapMaster
      NapMaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones. Thanks for those kind words. My dad passed away but he is in a better place now. My mom is healing nicely, thankfully. Lastly, I missed four weeks of work and spent 9 days in the hospital. All of that was hitting the fan at the same time. Thankfully, I'm much better and have no reason to believe that I will not return to normal.

Again, thanks and a nap is calling my name .🙂

I decided against it. The guy told me he has someone coming to see it tomorrow. I said I had someone who was interested, but he wouldn't share an email or other contact info with me. If you are still interested, Backroadmeats, the best I can do is point you toward his Facebook ad and hope you have a FB account -- https://www.facebook.com/marketplace.../?ref=feed_rhc

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Too Bad, looks like a cool cooker...
      Regardless, ime, things have a way of workin out like they're meant to, if not like we might've wanted em to.

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      IowaGirl thanks for the info when I looked up the location it is 4 and a half hours away from me.. that is a little to far for me to go for a grill.. I wish it was closer it would be at my house!!

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad you checked on it. Nashua is a 1 1/2 hour drive for me and in a direction I seldom go, so it wasn't going to be a quick hop and skip for me either. Sounds like the guy wasn't too worried about getting it sold, even though I got the impression it had been on the market for awhile. Go figure.

You can never have enough cookers or hunting rifles, so you're both covered.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorta symbiotic; huntin rifle provides protein, which goes onto cooker, which provide sustenance to go huntin / gatherin / rifle shoppin, an generally gallivantin all round th countryside, least till SWMBO sees th CC bill. (Cues Purple Haze)

It is indeed a neat grill and looks like it's built like the proverbial tank. But I asked myself late last night how much I was going to use it, and my honest answer was "most likely not much." I'm afraid I have too many bits of unfinished projects and unrealized dreams lying around already. It doesn't make sense to let my enthusiasm drive me to adding yet another acquisition to the heap of things I don't really use.

I'm sure I would have had some fun with it, but I'm not heartbroken about not following through with the purchase. Better to wait to find things I really know I will enjoy and use.

That said, I want to emphasize that I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and advice ... I'm sure I'll be asking again for your sage words of wisdom and I don't want you to think I'm not taking y'all seriously.

And on that note, I've got 4 pork tenderloins and 2 ribeye steaks to smoke today in between rainstorms. Ribeyes for tonight's supper and tenderloins for potluck sandwiches for a meeting my hubby is going to tomorrow.
    Last edited by IowaGirl; May 18, 2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Played, Sister!
      Like 'Bill S.' once famously penned: "This above all: to thine own self be true."

• IowaGirl
      IowaGirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I regularly forget and have to re-learn that lesson.

You're a sweetie, Mr. Bones.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many Thanks fer yer Kind Words, Sister:
      You're a sweetie, Mr. Bones.
      Btw: That's jus a vicious, totally unfounded rumour, most likely started by them uns what I was a Sweetie to...

I find myself spendin a lotta time, sometimes, okay, most times, relearnin such things, as well...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here