Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: KC Royale re-branded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: KC Royale re-branded

I've had to re-do my pork rub. There are two main reasons: acquiring the mango powder is both cumbersome and expensive. It also has a tendency to cake too easily. In short: the flavor is really good, but the granularity could be improved.

I guess the expression "kill your darlings" comes to mind. It took a while before I could get myself to start blending new flavors. But in the end, I think it paid off. There were two main objectives: get it work with pork (obviously), but also for poultry. I wanted to broaden the flavor profile just a little. I tested many different combinations, but when I started working with lemon pepper as one of the ingredients I knew I was onto something. For one - pork loves citrus, and it goes great with chicken too. Also the granularity has been improved, meaning it is easier to work with. Especially important when I'm doing many slabs of meat at events.

Click image for larger version  Name:	kcroyale.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	660162

It's a classic pork rub, with a fresh twist. Anyhow, the new blend is now available at Amazon.com. If you do try it, let me know what you think. I'm always interested in feedback, especially from talented pit masters like yourselves.

And I can vouch for this stuff, it is awesome. Peppery & a little sweet, but works very well with both chicken and pork. For me it is perfect, but admittedly it is a pinch too peppery for my wife and 2 of my 3 sons. My family loves it when I use it lightly, but I like a good dose myself.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a very good description of it right there. Glad you like it!

You need to slap the 'ol "New and Improved" label on it!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I did rename it to "Pork & Poultry", and the old one is discontinued. Can't please 'em all ;-)

I still have some of the original; I'll order the new one today and do a side by side comparison. My guess is that we'll like both.

Personally, I love lemon pepper on chicken, especially done with a good brand of lemon powder. I'm eager to give your updated concoction a try, Henrik .

Kathryn

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool, let me know what you think, and thanks for trying it out!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with her!

I just used up my supply of the original. Any new comparisons/notes about the difference in the new.

I liked the the old very much.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's better...lol...how exactly I'll let Henrik explain. Peppery and a little sweet doesn't explain it well enough, but it has a less obvious sour note methinks, more middle ground perhaps.

Lookin forward to tryin th new one, an ya know full well I'll be givin feedback, Brother!

Still wish ya could mebbe offer 1 lb.-1kg bulk packages, to refill our beloved Hank's bottles with

Nuthin but th very best goin out to ya, Henrik
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 4, 2019, 09:55 PM. Reason: extry o

Comment

I still have some of the original but I am going to get some of the new too. Keep up the good work my man!

Comment

Used the old style on the pork butts and ribs I cooked for the 4th. Everyone commented on the flavor in very positive terms. If the new style is an improvement then I’m with Mr. Bones that we need larger sizes available.🙂

Comment

I think Huskee’s description is pretty accurate. Slightly less sour, but with a more protruding lemon pepper, which almost gives it a little bite, but not enough to label it hot. I really dig the granularity myself, the new one is easier to work with. I know Mr Bones have asked for larger refill bags before, I kinda dropped that ball. Will get back on the bandwagon with that one. Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm both a long time fan of lemon pepper, an a fan of yer KC Royale, since its inception...I'm trustin/hopin/prayin that it has its place, in yer new rub...not bein critical, even fer a second; have made 1000's of thousands of servins of baked lemon pepper chicken, easily among my fave flaves...
            But, a lil bit goes a very long ways...
            I devotedly trust yer judgement, Brother hence, my order fer th New Stuff

Ya ain't never steered me wrong!

Just ordered some. Looking forward to trying it. thanks Henrik
          Last edited by ofelles; July 5, 2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, let me know what you think!

It's ordered and on the way.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto, pendin th release of th Refill size packagin lol! Henrik Love ya, Brother Hank! Jus gently razzin ya, My Good Sir

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here