Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD- Black Weber Performer 22.5" Near Baltimore, MD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD- Black Weber Performer 22.5" Near Baltimore, MD

Greetings Pitmasters. I have for your consideration a Weber Performer in black. This is the base model. It has the table, and charcoal storage. It does not have wheels or the gas assist. I want to get a new grill, and I have been informed by the boss that I have to get rid of one first. Since I bought the 26.75 kettle, I don't use this grill very much. It is still in good shape, but may soon need a new table top. I will throw in the original charcoal baskets that came with it, of course.

I Live in Arbutus, Md, which is just southwest of Baltimore. I am asking a mere $25 for this grill. I might even be persuaded to deliver it to you.

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
    Greetings Pitmasters. I have for your consideration a Weber Performer in black. This is the base model. It has the table, and charcoal storage. It does not have wheels or the gas assist. I want to get a new grill, and I have been informed by the boss that I have to get rid of one first. Since I bought the 26.75 kettle, I don't use this grill very much. It is still in good shape, but may soon need a new table top. I will throw in the original charcoal baskets that came with it, of course.

I Live in Arbutus, Md, which is just southwest of Baltimore. I am asking a mere $25 for this grill. I might even be persuaded to deliver it to you.
    Can you please post a pic?

Comment

Here are pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
        Here are pics
        Thanks! I'll check with the boss. We live in Glen Burnie, so you're close.

Comment

What is the date stamp on the lid vent? Should be two letters.

Comment

Thunder77 That style cart and tool hanger was introduced in 2010, so that grill is definitely still under warranty. The metal table was not introduced until 2015.

That said, that is not the basic Performer, it is a Performer Premium, and someone didn't bother to install the wheel kit. Or they removed them. It is NOT the basic Performer. The base Performer does not have a charcoal bin, and has a much smaller table. And even the base model comes with wheels.

I would get replacement wheels from a 3rd party reseller for that grill - they just pop into the bottom of the legs. And if the table is cracked, Weber will replace it. If its just weathered, there is a good HOWTO over at the Weber Kettle Club on how to restore the table surface. Personally, I have a 2007 Performer Deluxe and I actually like the thermoplastic table on that and my 2002 Genesis better than the sheet metal tables on the newer grills.

It may be more saleable with the wheels as well.

Here are the caster that go on the end with the charcoal bin:

Here are the wheels that go on the other kettle end:

What I don't see for sale is the axle! The axle is a steel rod of about 3/8" diameter that goes through a hole in both legs, through the wheels, and is retained by two caps.
          Last edited by jfmorris; February 26, 2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like an idiot put it together and left the wheels off! Glad it wasn't you! . These grills would be a pain to move around without the wheels too. Looking at mine, you could probably get away with 4 of the cheap casters, and it would be better than nothing. I think steel rod stock could be had to replace the missing axle, and you could pass the above info along to anyone who buys it. I think the market will be less without some means of moving it around though.

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I have moved it a few times and it IS a pain. Mostly it has sat in the same place for a while. I am not really trying to make anything off it, just need it to go. Someone else can spend a few bucks and make it awesome.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Thunder77 I would just let whoever takes it know that you got it without wheels from the previous owner, and that wheels ARE available for about $20 that would make it much easier to deal with. I wouldn't spend any more money on it in your place either.

I'll take it! The Boss said no, but our youngest son wants it. He lives in Dundalk. I'll shoot you a PM

Comment

Sold! Mods please close this thread. Huskee Henrik

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here