Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale Flame Boss 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale Flame Boss 300

I am wanting sell my Flame Boss 300 purchased in 2018.
    It was purchased from an authorized dealer for $249.00 but am willing to sell for $125.00. It includes 2 sets of probes and also the "Y" connector which allows you to monitor 3 meats.

Isn't the Flame Boss the controller that fails on holidays?
    Lot of chatter about it on Facebook.

Comment

• h12mike
      h12mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, if you go through their server. It can be operated locally using the direct address function or used by the control panel.

Seems a shame.
    362 days a year people rave about it. Holidays not so much.
    From what I read it could be an easy fix for them but they chose to apologize and let it go on instead.

Comment

Too many sales, and not enough bandwidth for Thanksgiving. Long distance calls are tough on Christmas and New Year's Day, too.

I didn't like the idea of the FB400, just because there was no local display. I've kept my FB200 since I got it, but occasionally need more than one temperature probe. I was going to pre-order the FB500, but haven't yet.

How many Y cables, and how many meat probes? Does it have the Kamado fan, or the Universal? Is it working OK, other than on Thanksgiving Day?

Best regards,
      Jim
      Last edited by jgg85234; December 1, 2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• h12mike
        h12mike commented
        Editing a comment
        It has one "Y" cable and 2 coated and 2 standard meat probes. It also has 2 high temp grate probes. It was set up for the XL Big Green Egg so it has the 3 standard fan adapters for Kamado style cookers. It works perfectly except when there are server issues but the server can be bypassed either by using the direct address or by using the control panel.
        I just purchased a ThermaQ Blue.
        Last edited by h12mike; November 25, 2018, 01:09 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

PM sent.

Comment

Just got my Flame Bos s400 back from the factory 1 week before Thanksgiving. They fixed the melted case no charge and quickly so I was jacked up knowing I had 2 turkeys to do on the reverse flow smoker on Turkey Day! Sure enough on Thursday I put my fan onto the firebox, showed off my Flame Boss app to my son and BAM....Server off line and all the owners of the Flame Boss 400 are up the creek without a paddle!

I will be appending my Flame Boss 400 review I did a month ago to let everyone know not to buy this unit since you can not use it offline like the 300. What a waste of money time and a lot of frustration.... when it works it is a Cadillac when it doesn't it is the most aggravating thing in the world. Looks like Fireboard here I come!

Comment

I spent last week in Victoria. Boy, that has become one busy place. We stayed at the Hilton on Navarro and drove to Seadrift each day.

Comment

h12mike
            Thanks for a quick, smooth transaction. FB300 is connected to my wifi and looks like its working perfectly.

Best regards,
            Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here