Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new pork rub is now available on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a bottle of pork rub en route that I'm planning to use on some ribs, hopefully tomorrow. Did you add any sauce to the ribs or leave it plain? I was thinking of using a little honey at the end but figured I didn't want to use anything that would interfere with the flavor.

Comment

Giving it a try today Henrik!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, can’t wait to see the result!

Smoked a chuckie today using Hanks beef rub. Wow I love it. I think my years on trying to (discover) the perfect rub may be over. Why reinvent the wheel right. Thanks Henrik again for salt not being the 1st ingredient. Not knowing I was short on the salt after smoking 10 1/2 hours Traeger lil' tex 225 degree with Lumbar Jack hickory pellets to 203 degrees. I had pre salted ,but feared over salting. I salted to taste after it came off the smoker, Yum. Planning on Baby backs tomorrow, with my KBQ and using (Memphis dust) and waiting for your Pork rub. P.S. my Beef Rub arrived with Amazon sticker covering the ingredient label.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool beans!

Hi There!

Yesterday I smoked up 3 racks of ribs on my Yoder YS640, 2 racks using 'Hank's Porkalicious Pork Rub' and 1 using Dizzy Pig's 'Salt Free Raging River Rub'. The Dizzy Pig rack was for a good friend of mine who has heart issues and is on a no salt diet.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cook. One showing the 3 racks on the smoker and in that picture you see the ThermoWorks, 'Extra Big & Loud Timer'; what is nice about that timer is that it counts up as well as counting down. In that picture it shows that the ribs have been on for 3 hours and 7 minutes and 2 seconds, at which time I sprayed the ribs with apple cider, and every hour after that.

The other picture shows what the 2 racks with Hank's rub looked like when I pulled them off the smoker at 7 hours and 30 minutes. Smoker set at 225* it took that long to reach the droop test and read 192* on my thermometer.

I used mayo as a binder for the ribs and then applied a light to moderate dusting of Hank's rub, as I didn't want to over do it on the first try. The ribs turned out great, the rub really enhanced the flavour of the pork, it was very subtle not overpowering at all, just a nice compliment in the background. The next time I will apply a lot more of the rub as I personally would like to taste more of it and see if it then had a little more heat to my liking. It certainly did not seem over sweet as the first two ingredients are brown sugar and mango powder. I will definitely use it again! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0850.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	560290Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	560291

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great writeup, tutorial, pics, an even better lookin ribs!
        Fine job, that!

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Great lookin ribs! Yes, add more rub next time, don't hold back! Thanks for trying the rub, it's great to get your feedback.

Finally got a trip to the US booked in October, so I got the rubs in my amazon cart waiting ti hit the button.

Comment

Just picked up a bottle!

Comment

Henrik ! This stuff is REALLY good. I have been using it as my go to rib rub, as I have been travelling all around the Cleveland Ohio area in search of the best butcher shop for ribs. Your rub is my baseline, as everyone that I have taste test loves it! I have even stopped saucing and caramelizing (most times, Father in-law still insists). I will definitely Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180929_110649-EFFECTS.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	574084Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180929_173205.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	574085 be a repeat customer, so I hope you have plans to be in the rub business for a long time buddy!!!

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!!! Love seeing those ribs, incredible bark, and thanks for sharing your experience. It really warms my heart hearing such great feedback. Yep, I'm IN. Barbecue has given me a lot so far, time to give back.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here