Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtb: Kbq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb: Kbq

Looking to buy a used KBQ.
    I am in Houston, Texas.

Welcome to the Pit dmanlax67 from NE Washington state. Sorry, my KBQ is not for sale. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here. We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! I am all the way up in Minnesota and I love my KBQ to much to sell. However, I have seen them for re-sale a few times. Best of luck finding one. I hope you can join the KBQ family. Check out this thread for some awesome KBQ content.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Originally posted by dmanlax67 View Post
        Looking to buy a used KBQ.
        I am in Houston, Texas.
        Hi, I'm just gonna toss a few scattered thoughts in the air, first .. IMO, the chances of finding a used KBQ is not so good, maybe you could contact the builder (on his website) and ask if he can contact you if one comes his way. You could apply for Amazon credit, and make the payments, my buddy bought one this way, he paid it off fully in the allotted time and wasn't charge any interest

Just a few thoughts. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome dmanlax67

Comment

You want it for good reason!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks all for the high responsiveness! Ive been on many bbq forums and havent seen this much interaction before!

Comment

That's because other forums aren't The Pit. Welcome brother, from Katy. I agree with the above, gonna be hard to find a used one.

Comment

Used ones do come up occasionally. And once there was a 'new' used on offered here by KBQ because the buyer couldn't keep it. Which brings up another point. When I ordered mine, before Bill Karau would not ship until he sent me an email making sure I understood everything about the KBQ. So if you want one, be sure you understand and can live with the following:

1. It burns wood of a certain size. You need to have a source for wood. Check Craigslist for firewood and free wood. At the very least know varieties of smoking wood are available in your area.

2. It is NOT 'set and forget'. You have to add wood every 20-30 minutes. Other than that it requires no tending.

3. It IS live open fire. You will have flames and sparks coming out the sides and/or top. Is that permissible where you live? If you have an HOA best check first, or live in a rented house or apartment. During times of drought it may be advised to not use it.

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or were thinking about putting it on a wooden deck!

• ComfortablyNumb
                      ComfortablyNumb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is a good point EdF. I wonder if a non-flammable pad underneath would be adequate, like our woodstove to heat the house has. After all, the hottest part is well above the floor.

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just worry about the stray embers from the firebox. Though I think it is Histrix who has solved that with stainless mesh curtains on its sides.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Here is one in Austin

Comment

I have mine for sale:

Comment

Wow, a former member is a new member, pretty nifty. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here