Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD -Uuni Pro

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD -Uuni Pro

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171125_154723.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.65 MB ID:	422357 So, when I bought this, my wife insisted I buy the three pack to save some money. And I did. Which is good for our buddy hogdog6, whose product you can see elsewhere on the forum. And it's going to be good for another of you because I have one still boxed and ready to go. Might make a nice Christmas or Holiday present to someone.

The cool thing about this is it can be fired with wood/charcoal/pellets or gas. It's big enough for a 16" pizza. People have said they can get 10 of them done without fire maintenance issues. And - it's big enough to cook and sear steaks, roasts, etc. A little hot wood oven if you will!

So here's the deal. Both Uuni and BBQ Guys are selling this model. Uuni is taking pre-orders for delivery in March (yeah, this model is doing well). BBQ Guys apparently bought some stock, smart fellows that they are, and can deliver right away.

https://uuni.net/products/uuni-pro-m...d-outdoor-oven
    https://www.bbqguys.com/uuni/pro-por...eel-pizza-oven

The basic package each sells for $600 with free shipping is:

Basic package: $599
    (oven, wood/charcoal grate, 2 doors, gloves)

My package is the above, plus (at retail prices from their sites):

Pellet burner attachment $39
    Peel $39
    Cover $49
    XL T-Shirt $0
    Gas burner attachment ~ $40 (guesstimate)

So, what you can get for delivery now or in March retail with the accessories is ~$765.

I have this small problem of having to pay for shipment. So my proposal is $525 (new, in box, with warranty) + shipping. I'm on the coast in NJ - 07716. There are 3 boxes currently, and another one coming later (see below). UPS was about $170 from here to Utah.

This comes with a 1 year warranty that you can register on their website (I can provide the details).

If you're into Facebook, there's an active forum for the Uuni Pro there, and some very nice looking pizzas. https://www.facebook.com/groups/6152...?ref=bookmarks

Last point. They still have the propane burner attachment on backorder. I will ship that when it arrives.

Pizza is Coming!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171125_152001.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	422356
    Last edited by EdF; December 11, 2017, 05:01 PM.

These look great. Would love to see a cook off between the Uuni and a BlackStone (half the price).

Comment

Check that out! Thanks for the info EdF !

Comment

Awesome deal. I’ll decline the offer, regretfully, as I have my GMG Pizza oven that I don’t use often enough as it is. Nevertheless, it’s a tempting offer!

Comment

These are really cool. Had I not just bought a BGE, I might jump on this one. I hope someone take Ed up on his offer. Man, this would be awesome to have on the patio.

Skip needs to see this, he is a bonafide pizza man.

I sent this to my old man too, see if he has any interest. This would be sweet for his place.

Comment

I'm interested, but only in words, not actions unfortunately. I want one, but it's not in the realm of reality right now. I'm sure you'll have no trouble sending it to a deserving new home though!

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you buy this rig?

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker Me? No.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned. It's a fair deal and everyone wins.

Comment

That's a great deal. Would not work for me, just because limited deck space. But someone is gonna take this up and win big.

Comment

Good thing I've already spent all my allowance on Christmas presents or that baby would be mine! I have the original Uuni and also a Roccbox. I would imagine the significant other would have a major meltdown when she saw the pro setting on my deck table.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sort of like melted mozzarella, asiago, gorgonzola ... quartre formaggio?

• Dr ROK
                  Dr ROK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like fresh mozzarella! I would be able to cook that many more pizzas though! I'm interested in how many pizzas you can cook on it with the wood burner before you have to shut down and empty the ashes. The original used pellets and I could get about 12 pies out before having to shut down and dump the ash.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been glancing over the facebook group, and it seems like quite a bit more than that before the ash catcher becomes a problem - as in no one has complained about it yet.

SOLD! Huskee

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. Trying to be patient for its arrival. Ready to give it a try. Thanks EdF

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We'll be looking forward to your reports!

EdF (and anyone else) Are you still a fan of the Uuni Pro? Is temp control easy? Has the unit proven durable? Which fuel do you usually used?

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts!
                Last edited by Willy; June 27, 2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So far, so good. I've only cooked some dry-aged steaks on it in the cast iron pan. Haven't got to pizza yet. Been a lazy year. For fuel, a bed of lump to provide a consistent base temp, then a few pieces of wood that are about 10" long and split to 3" or so with the Kindling Cracker to jack it up to 900 degrees or so. Works well. That base temp is around 700. Infrared probe is very useful here.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Temp control is all about the fuel and the size of the fire. It's been durable. There's an Uuni Pro Facebook group if you use it. Lots of experience reports so you can draw your own conclusions. I'm a fan.

Thanks, EdF. I'm debating a bit since Forkish's 550°F pizzas in the home oven are so good anyway. Do I really need a $600 dedicated pizza oven...?

Well, it'll keep the house cooler, and it'll free up the house oven for other uses, and it looks cool,...and... Damn! I'm nearly sold! LOL

By "IR probe", do you mean an IR gun or is there another piece of stuff I need? LOL

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I meant an IR gun. Remember, you can do other stuff besides pizza on this one.

Congrats to EdF on the sale!

And Congrats to Rocky Mount Griller on his new Pizza oven! We look forward to seeing some Za outta this baby!

(I will close this sale down, if that is okay with you?)

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, please!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here