Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free to Good Home- Weber 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My anticipation rises... can't wait for the results!

Comment

Here are some photos to show what I've gotten done this week. I really had a blast working on this the last few days. I still have a bit more to do. It should last longer than me! Thunder77 Mr. Bones

Cleaned, reassembled, and a One Touch ash sweep added. All nuts/washers/bolts and screws are stainless steel. I also have a Weber cover for it. This is Slow 'N Sear #3 from the first batch abcbarbecue made (they kept #1 and #2) so I'm the first customer to place an order. I thought it was only fitting that it should go in this beauty.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	383856

I added an OTG ash catcher.

Name:	IMG_3707.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	383857

Here's how I attached the ash catcher. The screw goes through the leg bracket and the side of the leg but is not visible from the outside. I cut off the tab that would go in a slot on newer leg brackets.

Name:	IMG_3701.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	383858

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy Looks like yer doin' beautimous t'ings, dere, wit dat dere bouilloire rouge, Mon Cher! :cool
        I love how ya mounted the ash catcher, very ingenious!
        Plenty of cool custom handles to be had over on WKC...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 22, 2017, 04:03 PM.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones thank you sir! I’ll check them out. I got cleaning and mounting info from WKC. Great place.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        My distinct pleasure, as always, Amigo!
        Enjoy yer Redhead!!!!
        I think we're all in agreement, here: Thunder77 ROCKS!!!!!

Ain't she a beauty? That's a great cooker once again! Nice job fuzzydaddy! Keep the pics coming. Now, I wonder what the first cook would be?

Comment

Amazing restore FD. Newsletter worth!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir!

I'm giving this thread a bump.

The kettle is gone, the recipient is gone, but the memory of Mr. Bones lives on.

Comment

What a wonderful thread. Thanks for bumping ComfortablyNumb

Comment

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            +1!

This thread brought a rare tear to this gun pilot. This is pure Bonesy. He cared only about a fellow Pit Member giving a good home to a great cooker that he wanted. If only the there were more like Bonesy in this world. All of us are better off just by having had a comment from him while he lived, but the entire world is worse off having lost him. Bones and I communicated privately some and he immediately became a confidant for me. I never met him in person, but I feel like I knew him like my brother. This thread validates everything I thought I knew about him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here