Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Handles/Legs + Door Pivot Coupling for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KBQ Handles/Legs + Door Pivot Coupling for Sale

Please note that Door Kit Sales are suspended until this notice is removed.
    (Just too much on my "plate" all...)
    -

This sale is for a KBQ smoker door modification kit.

Try it BEFORE You Buy it!
    ONE MONTH FREE Trial!
    You CAN'T Lose!

FYI...
    I am selling this Kit at a few dollars over my actual cost to help those with KBQ's out.
    Am not wanting to make "big bucks" on these as I have a full time job and am well paid.
    God is good to this old man!

-
    All New Parts to Upgrade Your KBQ!
    Parts are made from 300 series stainless steel and 400 series stainless steel.
    I designed this Kit specifically for the C-60 Karubecue KBQ.
    It comes with a Door Handle/Door Leg set, a Door Pivot Coupling, and easy to follow instructions.
    My 24/7 cell number is included for 1 on 1 assistance anytime, day or night.

This kit will add Two Door Handles which do "Double Duty" also acting as Door Legs.
    (Please See Photos Below)

They...
    1) Make it easier to open and close the heavy stainless steel door (ESPECIALLY when it is hot or stuck closed from dried liquids)
    2) Make it easier to pull the smoker out to the smoke site and back when done.
    3) Allow the open door to sit at a level where the oils and spritz run back INSIDE the smoker instead of out onto your porch, driveway or deck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	View 7.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	499037Click image for larger version  Name:	View 5.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	499032Click image for larger version  Name:	View 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	499036Click image for larger version  Name:	View 6.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	499038
    -
    Also in this kit is a Stainless Steel Door Pivot Coupling.
    When cleaning the smoker, the unmodified/factory original door cannot be removed.
    With this coupling installed, the door can be easily removed without tools.
    After cleaning, the door can be quickly re-installed with no tools needed.
    -
    Facts:
    With the original KBQ from the factory, oils and juices trapped under the door add to making cleaning more difficult.
    The factory manufactured door is basically in the way when trying to thoroughly clean the inside of the smoker.
    By removing the door after you are done using the KBQ, you have better access to clean inside.
    With this kit installed, you can now take the door inside to soak in the bath tub if you desire.
    -
    Click image for larger version  Name:	View 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	421.0 KB ID:	499034Click image for larger version  Name:	View 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	400.7 KB ID:	499035Click image for larger version  Name:	View 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.4 KB ID:	499033
    -
    Check Out My Customer's Reviews...

+ "Great doing business. Lightening response and full of integrity! A++++"

+
    "Great product! Fast Shipping! Bill is a great seller! Makes the KBQ even better!"

+ "Excellent transaction, above and beyond service. A must have for KBQs"

+ "Great KBQ mod! Very reasonable price! Quick and friendly service!"

+ "Awesome product and communication. Quick delivery. Thank you!"

+ "Great add-on to the C-60 smoker. Fast shipping, great seller."

+ "Thanks easy install on KBQ."

+ "Arrived quick and works well. Thanks."

+ "Incredible communication, rapid shipping, went above and beyond. Great product."

These kits are currently available at just over my cost.
    -
    The price including 1st Class USPS Shipping to the lower 48 States is $19.77
    (Using PayPAL thru eBay)
    OR...
    Try Before You Buy for $17.00 Cash, Check, or Money Order, or you can PayPal me $17.00 thru my email address. Just send me a message.
    -
    Please Note:
    Shipping to you in the lower 48 (Contiguous) States is covered in the price shown.
    With either PayPAL thru eBay, or going with my "Try Before You Buy" here at The Pit, your new Door Kit will be safely packaged in a sturdy box.

SO... HERE ARE THREE WAYS FOR YOU TO PURCHASE THIS DOOR KIT:

1) To go thru eBay to purchase, simply message me and I will list a door kit for you there on eBay and provide you with a Link to access it easily.
    If you decide to return it, we will then use eBay's return system.

2) You can use my "Try Before You Buy" method, which is built on the "Good Old Trust" system.

To use my Try Before you Buy because I trust you method, simply PM (Private Message) me with:

A NAME (For the Label)
    THE SHIP TO ADDRESS
    CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE

3)
    Finally, you can send me $17.00 thru PayPal using my email address.
    Again...
    PM (Private Message) me with:

A NAME (For the Label)
    THE SHIP TO ADDRESS
    CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE

I will then get a KBQ Door Kit in the mail to you, no worries.
    When it arrives, be sure to save the box and packing material.
    Go ahead and install my KBQ Door Kit and try it out for a few weeks.
    I'm here for you, and will walk you through installation if you need it.
    - - - - -
    IF you like the Door Kit and decide to keep it, send me a Private Message here at Amazing Ribs and let me know you want to keep it.
    I will then mail you an invoice including a self-addressed pre-paid envelope for you to mail me $17.
    You can pay the $17 by Cash, Check, or Money Order.
    Am figuring a month is long enough to know if you want to keep it or return it, right?
    So, please pay within 30 days from receipt if you decide to keep the Door Kit.
    -
    If you Don't like the Kit, again, send me a Private Message here at Amazing Ribs letting me know that you want to return it.
    In your message, please give me your email address so I can send you a Return Postage label.
    Next, simply repack the complete KBQ Door Kit back into the same shipping box it came in.
    There will be No questions asked and No worries at all if you decide you do not want this Door Kit.
    -
    I will then email you a Prepaid Shipping Label.
    Print out the label and attach it to the original shipping box.
    Then, drop the Door Kit into the Mail to return it to me.
    You can't lose with this deal!
    -
    Thank you my fellow BBQ friends!
    S
    moke On!
    Last edited by BBQ_Bill; September 7, 2020, 09:46 PM.

Hey BBQ_Bill - this looks like a great mod and a reasonable price. Are there any other KBQ after-market mods available?

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy kmuoio.
      I have a grill topper that slides into the Firebox on the side in the works.
      It includes a lid with both grill and lid on hinges.
      As soon as it works, it goes to Spinaker for "Beta" testing

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for buying a KBQ door kit kmuoio.
      Much appreciated.
      Please feel free to get with me anytime if needed.
      Last edited by BBQ_Bill; September 9, 2017, 12:09 PM.

I bought one of these kits from BBQ_Bill for my KBQ. While I haven't had a chance to install the door pivot coupling, I did install the door handles/legs and it was well-worth the price of the kit for the door handles/legs alone. It's a brilliant upgrade to an already great smoker.

One thing to note: with the handles/legs installed, I can no longer put my full-size kitchen pan (drip tray) into the very bottom slot of the cooker. This hasn't been a problem for me; I just put it in the next slot up.

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      I was using a 1" deep full sized steam table pan, that goes into the 2nd slot.
      NOW, I use a 2-1/2" deep full sized steam table pan, that goes into the 3rd slot.
      You are correct my friend, this modification moved all up one slot.

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey johnnylighton just take your smoker and some smoked meat to your local body/fender shop.
      They will cut that rod in half.
      I took some to the Firestone tire shop on the corner.
      They are now "Eating Out of My Hand"

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQ_Bill has that approach absolutely right!

Here are some photos of the Full Sized drip pans and their positions.
    Note that I fill these pans with water to about the half-way point.

Click image for larger version  Name:	One Inch pan.jpg Views:	1 Size:	898.7 KB ID:	362781

You can see the coupling located there in the center of the door pivot rod in these photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Two and one half inch Pan.jpg Views:	1 Size:	876.3 KB ID:	362782

As stated, I like a lot of water in the bottom as it really adds moisture to the smoke in my experience.
    Aaron Franklin mentioned that a water pan in-between the fire and your brisket is a good thing.
    This top drip pan with added water adds moisture and diffuses the heavy heat from the bottom.
    -
    I place an aluminum cookie sheet in the VERY bottom
    on the floor of the smoker, and fill it all the way up with water.

The heavy heat from the bottom of the manifold travels in-between that
    cookie sheet filled with water and the drip pan with water just above it.

To me... the "Water Barrier" type results I get are worth the hassle.
    I have two KBQ's, so not cooking on the bottom two or three slots to me is no big deal as I only cook 3 briskets at a time in them anyway.
    -
    Smoke On!
    Last edited by BBQ_Bill; November 18, 2017, 06:18 PM. Reason: Added more info to better explain my reasons for what I do.

Comment

Hey Bill, my KBQ is arriving Weds... I've been geeking out on all of the posts here. You add tremendous value. Are you still selling the door mod kit?

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Artsob! He has a kit ready so grab it and I'll grab the next one bro!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You guys will be happy with these. They are really handy. Especially during clean up! Timcee ArtSob

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Spinaker .. My KBQ should be here next week and I grabbed the kit!

Howdy Gents!
      Thank you for inquiring.
      -
      Yes, they are available three ways:
      1) Try before you buy, mail payment later

2) eBay Buy-it-Now

3) PayPal payment thru my email address

-
      (To use the 2nd option, just message me and I"ll update the Direct Link here above, and then go and post one for you on eBay to puchase)

Smoke On!
      Last edited by BBQ_Bill; November 20, 2018, 07:14 AM. Reason: Added a 3rd way to purchase a door kit

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        grabbed it!

• BBQ_Bill
        BBQ_Bill commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! Thanks!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You bet! This is a worth while upgrade! Hope you are well, my friend!

I've been sort of "over-the-top" busy with all this firewood Spinaker, but my health seems excellent, thanks to the good Lord.
      -
      Got a half cord of Red Oak to pick up today.
      Once again concerned with this new splitter due to paint flakes embedding into the wood ends.
      Didn't think about it for the 1/4 cord I split during its trial run.
      So NOW... with this new 35-Ton, I have lots of paint to remove once again.
      -
      Used a grinder to remove the paint from the wedge on my 9-Ton and then an air tool with a wood removal tool to remove the paint chips and flakes from the ends of the wood I split with it when new.
      Truly a "Royal Pain" to do, but I don't want burning paint coating my meat products, no matter how miniscule it is.
      I simply don't want it there, period.
      -

Wish sellers had an option to purchase splitters with NO paint in the working areas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_105827.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	483739Click image for larger version  Name:	20180415_105849.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	483740

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180401_104536.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	483741Click image for larger version  Name:	20180401_104253.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	483742
      I will "get er dun" just a pain is all.
      -
      Hope all is going well with you and yours too my friend.
      Smoke On!
      Last edited by BBQ_Bill; April 15, 2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
        BBQ_Bill commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope.
        Dummy me, I KNEW better from the 1st splitter.
        Here I do it again. Duh!
        Gonna remove all the paint from the working areas on this "beast".

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Handles landed today with the smoker!! Right on and thanks!

• BBQ_Bill
        BBQ_Bill commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy you got 'em!
        Thanks for the order!

Nice mod I just ordered one up. Anywhere sell longer legs? I think ithe KBQ should be about 18 inches higher off the ground.

Comment

Howdy dirtman
      Thank you for your purchase.
      Your Door Kit will be safely boxed and in the mail tomorrow, Friday the 4th of May.

Comment

Just ordered my kit! Thanks BBQ_Bill

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
          BBQ_Bill commented
          Editing a comment
          You are most welcome!
          Thank you for the Instant Payment!

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          To answer your question, yes, I bought it at Costco. I'm going to do a S&P rub, using all mesquite. Plan to go bottom poppet full open and about 1/4" on the top. Do you run with the fire cover on or off?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a very handy add-on. I am very happy with mine! Glad I did it.

To get more smoke on the meat, Bill Karau recommends the lid on.
        I now ALWAYS go with lid on JakeT.
        Bill and I just had this conversation, in which he confirmed (again) that with the lid on, more smoke moves through to the cooking chamber.
        -
        Some don't use the lid, but the way I see it, the inventor Mr. Karau designed and built the lid, and it came with the KBQ for a reason, right?
        -
        I firmly believe that the lid does at least two good things.
        1) It slows down wood consumption.
        2) It puts more smoke on the meat.
        -
        I like clean "blue" smoke as much as the next pit master, but I also want a bit of the somewhat less refined smoke on there too so I get a darker, more flavorful bark before the wrap.
        -
        My FIRM belief is that the correct smoke is a balance of clean and some not so clean that produces great bark and great flavor.
        One needs to be aware and focused so as to not have too much less refined smoke on the product.
        I want flavor, but do not want "Mr. Hyde" creosote coating my brisket. (Black sooty smoke)
        -
        As I have said before, Aaron Franklin uses all over-the-fire smoke because he does not have inverted flame smokers.
        He absolutely knows how to control his fire to get great smoke and his product speaks for itself.
        Aaron goes with post oak for several reasons, one of which is that it produces a mild smoke profile and using it makes it easy to get great traditional smoke flavor.
        When you serve 600 customers per day, meat needs to be smoked in moderation.
        Another is that even if his fire-tenders lose focus, the smoke is mild and very forgiving.
        Mesquite... not so much, but WE have KBQ's which tame the mighty Mesquite!
        Last edited by BBQ_Bill; November 20, 2018, 07:25 AM. Reason: Explain creosote differences a bit

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I have yet to try Mesquite in my KBQ. Thought to get up in this part of the country, unless you wanna pay an arm and a leg!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a "lid-on" guy too. Besides, "a man without a lid is just a kid"!

Not very cheap here either, cheapest I can find is to get it in 1.7 cu. ft. Bags for $14/bag.

That comes out to roughly 265 for 1/4 cord.

If I just get white oak, almond, walnut, cherry, apple, which is plentiful around here, I’ll pay about half at $135 for a 1/4 cord.

Hickory is the most expensive though where I’m at. $340 for 1/4 cord.

When I tried white oak I wasn’t the biggest fan, so I’ll have to try the other cheaper local woods. Spinaker I’m trying the mesquite tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeT View Post
          Not very cheap here either, cheapest I can find is to get it in 1.7 cu. ft. Bags for $14/bag.

That comes out to roughly 265 for 1/4 cord.

If I just get white oak, almond, walnut, cherry, apple, which is plentiful around here, I’ll pay about half at $135 for a 1/4 cord.

Hickory is the most expensive though where I’m at. $340 for 1/4 cord.

When I tried white oak I wasn’t the biggest fan, so I’ll have to try the other cheaper local woods. Spinaker I’m trying the mesquite tomorrow!
          Oh yeah! I am surprised you were not a fan of White oak. I use that quite a bit and I love it. Everyone has their own tastes. Cherry wood is my favorite wood to use, I am getting to the end of my Cherry though, gonna have to find a new tree to take down! Best of luck with the mesquite. Let me know what you think.

Comment

I am paying $150 to $160 per cord for Mesquite.
            Just picked up another cord+ (3 trailer loads) this morning with the "WANTED" ad on Craigslist.
            We have had some high winds move through, taking trees down.
            Some of these trees are fairly large as seen by my photos below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180714_084434.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	532354Click image for larger version

Name:	20180714_084425.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	532355

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Great looking stuff Bill!

• BBQ_Bill
              BBQ_Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks bro.
              I am beat to a "frazzle" though, splitting and stacking this wood in the 100°F heat here.
              The humidity is up at this time as well.
              If this wood did not "ROCK" in my KBQ's, I would not push so hard.

I don't have a KBQ, but I just love this thread, so much passion! How very cool of you BBQ_Bill to manufacture and sell this add-on kit at what I think is a dirt cheap price. Talk about giving to the community. Awesome.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Very true. as an owner, I really appreciate it. These are great upgrades! Well said Henrik!

• BBQ_Bill
              BBQ_Bill commented
              Editing a comment
              A sincere thank you guys for the kind words.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here