Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet smoker start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet smoker start up

Am looking at a slightly used Grilla Silverbac and when he started it smoked as if if was on fire. Smoke coming from every orifice. is this typical on pellet smokers in the price range of $1000

Sometimes they do that. I wonder if the firebox was vacuumed out before it was lit? IMO-I have better luck vacuuming that out before lighting, especially after a long low and slow cook.

Comment

• (Blake)
      (Blake) commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to but it and I will clean everything out and see what happens. Thank you

Originally posted by Blake View Post
    Am looking at a slightly used Grilla Silverbac and when he started it smoked as if if was on fire. Smoke coming from every orifice. is this typical on pellet smokers in the price range of $1000
    Did it make a "pop"? This is common when there is a gap in the fuel. Meaning, let's say you run out of fuel, and a couple minutes later you fill the hopper. The auguer was still spinning that whole time. When all the pellets eventually hit a red hot plate, it the pellets will immediately combust, instead of smolder and flame out.

During this time, you might see flames shooting out underneath the grill or deflector.

Comment

My GMG DB smokes everywhere until it gets up to about 150 or so. Once the new fire gets established it puts out nice thin blue smoke from the chimney and nowhere else. Did the smoke level out after about 10 minutes or so?

Comment

• (Blake)
        (Blake) commented
        Editing a comment
        No it only ran for 5 minutes just so he could show me it worked. I am going to try it and i'll see what happens Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here