Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Lang??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Lang??

I'm looking for Lang with warmer box and grill. Interested in 48, 60 and maybe 84 if price is right. Thanks.

What area are you in, and how far would you travel for pickup? This info will help any who may have what you're looking for.

Comment

Good luck on finding an used Lang for sale. The only reason that I can think of for someone selling their Lang is that they are upgrading to a bigger size. You might want to keep a watch on Craigslist or the forum on Langs website. Like i said from the beginning "Good Luck"

Comment

Thanks but i've decided to wait and buy a new one!!!

Comment

Great decision on buying a new one. Have you got a model pick out? Take my adviced if you are sure you're going to get a Lang it will be best to oreder it during the off season. If you wait til spring they will be back up 4-8 weeks. I know bc I made that mistake

Comment

There's a 2 year old, only used 12 times LANG 84 Deluxe for sale on the BBQ-Brethern for sale postings. $4800. Just an FYI

Comment

Dewayne, I was at the Lang factory last week. I decided on getting the 36" Hybrid Deluxe. It will either be the patio or the trailer I haven't decided. The 36" is huge inside. I was thinking it would be to small looking at the pics on their web site but when i got there it was totally different. On the smoker side you can get 4-5 racks of ribs on each shelf and since I am not commercial and there is just my immediate family. It will be great.

Comment

Barry, you'll be better ought to go ahead and get the 48 if it fits your budget because I guarantee you'll be wishing that you did after a few months

Comment

Sorry, been a while since i got on here. I've decided on the 60" Dlx Long Neck CharGrill. The 48 Hybrid Dlx would be plenty for now but i'm hoping to get started smoking for others. I have a wedding party in March that i'm cooking for and just don't want to buy to small. I'm in Oklahoma City area. Thanks for the post!!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                      Barry, you'll be better ought to go ahead and get the 48 if it fits your budget because I guarantee you'll be wishing that you did after a few months
                      DW, I am going to go back down to Nahunta and look at both before I order but, I think the 36" will be more than enough for me.

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You will enjoy it Barry

I have been watching the Lang 36 videos and I must say I'll have me one of these one day

Comment

• Ernest
                        Ernest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's 6 PBCs. 6 Porcelain Coated PBCs.
                        a capacity of 48 ribs

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Without the rich wood flavor that you get with a stick burner. Also those six PBCs won't last a lifetime.
                        Last edited by DWCowles; February 26, 2015, 03:05 PM.

• Ernest
                        Ernest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can't argue with that. But I'll burn wood in that PBC, just you wait.

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
                      DW, I am going to go back down to Nahunta and look at both before I order but, I think the 36" will be more than enough for me.

I know the general rule of thumb is to never wish you'd bought the bigger model, but Barry I think you're right to go with the 36". A big EOS can really use up the fuel, which would get old quick when you cook mostly for two, or heck, even ten.

Comment

• Marauderer
                        Marauderer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        David Parrish you are correct Dave. On the 36" they recommend the wood be the size of a Coke can. Smaller but still hot and it will use a lot less wood.

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Marauderer you will enjoy the 36 model and the food that you cook on it

• Marauderer
                        Marauderer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        DWCowles, you are right but since you said it I will check out the 48" also but, I think it will be to large for me.

Ernest commented
                      [COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]February 26th, 2015, 09:20 AM[/COLOR]

Official shipping cost came in $750. Yeah maybe next time. LOL

Ernest If I lived in the Dallas, TX area I would look at Johnson Custom Smokers over in Ennis,TX which is in the Metro Dallas area.

Their Ultimate Patio is very similar to Langs Deluxe Hybrid model

They have a bunch of other grill plans also. I am sure they could make you exactly what you wanted. In fact I would ask them which of their models is comparable to the Lang 36" Hybrid or whatever you liked at Lang

Comment

Thank you Marauderer. I problem with the Johnson Smokers is that I can't get myself to ask "Got Johnson"? I mean "Got Lang" should be the Lang smokers slogan.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
                          Gunderich_1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ernest & Marauderer, you don't know how badly I want to start the "Johnson" jokes but this is a family web site. I will say I did go check them out and wow, I think I may have fallen in love! Especially with the side vertical feature....now I have to go look at Lang....(and I am back from looking at Lang)....I could do one of those too!
                          Last edited by Gunderich_1; February 26, 2015, 03:55 PM. Reason: updating comment

• Marauderer
                          Marauderer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Gunderich_1 That's ok, "Johnson" jokes have been around a long time now. If I bought a Johnson smoker and was concerned about the name I would change it to something else.

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Remember all the iPad jokes that were everywhere when the iPad first came out? Now no one ever even thinks about it. Buy the cooker, not the name.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here