Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Sell or Trade an Item Here

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Sell or Trade an Item Here

These are the rules for the For Sale or Trade forum. They are here to protect both the buyer and the seller. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. We accept no liability for the items being sold here. It's up to you as a buyer to vet the seller and their item(s) they have for sale.
    1. Bulk or vendor sales are allowed but keep it to one thread per vendor and keep it to this channel. Hawking goods in other sections of The Pit is not allowed.
    2. No illegal products or stolen goods of any kind are to be posted for sale here.
    3. Specify FS (For Sale), FT (For Trade), or WTB (Want To Buy) - or spelled out- in the title.
    4. Be sure to post all relevant information such as item, price, and location in the title​​ (or references like your eBay ID profile that shows you're a respected seller, if applicable, in the post body).
    5. Post a price if you wish to sell something and also indicate if the item is for sale on another site (e.g. eBay or Amazon). You may post a link to other sites where your item is featured. Don't ask people to make you an offer without listing a price. It is OK to state the price is negotiable.
    6. Notify a moderator immediately if you suspect a buyer/seller is trying to scam you. We will not help you resolve the issue but we will review the facts and circumstances of the deal to determine if the individual should maintain privileges to buy/sell.
    7. (Private Sells) Once an item is sold the seller must provide the buyer with shipping (tracking information) via private message and mark the item as sold in his/her thread.
    8. (Private Sells) Once the sell is complete let us know in the thread and notify a moderator that the deal is complete. We will then lock the thread to let everyone know the deal is done.
    9. (Private Sells) No trashing folks' items they have for sale. If you don't like the item or the price, silence is appreciated and expected.
    10. (Private Sells) If you wish to sell an item you must create your own unique thread. For example, do not post in someone's "FS Big Green Egg (BGE) Mint Condition" topic that you also want to sell your BGE.
    11. If your item is no longer for sale, or sold, etc, please tag a moderator (Jerod Broussard, Spinaker, or Huskee) and we'll close the topic for you.

Now that that's out of the way, let's make some deals!

Originally posted by David Parrish View Post
    (Private Sells) Once the sell is complete let us know in the thread and notify a moderator that the deal is complete. We will then lock the thread to let everyone know the deal is done.
    How do I "notify a moderator that the deal is complete"?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Please, allow me...

Simply type their Usernames, i.e; Huskee Spinaker , etc.

That should already get them here, as their time permits.

Glad if/that ya found an nS XL; I has me an extry, but wouldn't part with it fer MSRP.

Nossir...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 6, 2021, 03:27 PM.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You can always mention us. just like Mr. Bones did below, and we will close it down for you.

Hi. Before I post here I just wanted to ask a quick question please. I'm moving (UK to Sweden) and can't take my Cheap offset (a modified Char-griller) with me. Nothing fancy, but I've cooked some great food on it. I've considered offering it to friends and family, but I just don't think any of them would actually use it and giving it away to rust when someone on here who'd actually use it and enjoy it might be able to come get it doesn't seem to make any sense. I'm not sure if anyone would, but wanted to see if someone who'd cook on it and use would come collect it for free and enjoy it as I can't take it with me anyway. So technically not really "for sale". Is that still allowed?

Comment

Well sure it’s allowed. For a fee. We do charge by the letter and that would be, let’s see here, one, two, three…………
      Hope the move goes smooth for ya & ya find a home fer the cooker. Cheers!

Comment

Tomaron Of course! Make a new listing in this main channel and in the title say your location and Free, and a pic or two would help! Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          Tomaron Of course! Make a new listing in this main channel and in the title say your location and Free, and a pic or two would help! Thanks for asking.
          Thank you very much sir. I have now posted it, fingers crossed someone close by will want it. Would be a shame for it to end up as scrap or with a neighbour that would never use it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here