Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal on KBQ in East Central WI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Deal on KBQ in East Central WI!

Hey you Milwaukee/Fondy/Winnebago BBQ’ers, this gentleman in Sherwood has his KBQ listed on FB Marketplace for $675. Six hundred seventy five dollars. I doubt you’ll see a better deal.

Thanks CN, I guess I can see it because I’m part of the KBQ group on FB. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I’ll respond with the seller’s name and phone number.

Comment

Where is it located and what is the condition like. I’m about 6 hours from Milwaukee and interested, but not a member of the group.since I don’t own a KBQ.

Comment

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        PM sent.

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad you jumped on this. A KBQ is the last thing I should be spending money on right now and I'm glad you took care of the temptation. Hope it works out for you

Andrrr If you or anyone else is interested, go ahead. I definitely want a KBQ some day, but I haven’t figured out a good place to store splits and probably couldn’t go pick it up for a couple weeks. I was hoping it was a little bit closer to me, this is about 7 hours away, meaning 16-18 hours round trip, with stops, meals, etc. I just saw the area and missed Sherwood was in the OP.
      Last edited by glitchy; January 16, 2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        finding a wood source is something I haven't found either.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Andrrr most of my backyard is a steep hill, so I haven’t figured out how I will store away from house yet. So, I’d end up using B&B bags which is expensive and I hear doesn’t work as well.

That is dirt cheap, someone up there needs to jump on this!

Comment

Just as an FYI, I joined this group after seeing this post last night. The KBQ being sold has a custom modified firebox. Between being customized and the distance, I’m not interested in pursuing. However, his reasoning behind the mods make sense and it appears was professionally done. Basically, he wanted a bigger firebox to put 16” long splits into.

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Did he post pictures? Can you post one here? Sounds interesting.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb 58limited It’s the FB group in the link. I’m not comfortable reposting here. It’s a KBQ private group.

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          A group for all things Karebucue C-60 related including tips and tricks, recipes, pictures, etc. Please note this group is NOT affiliated with Karebecue LLC.

You have to request to join, but we’ll let anyone in. It’s called “Karubecue KBQ C-60 Fans".

Here’s a couple pics.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sid P; January 16, 2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that firebox mod has me concerned

I'm curious about the firebox mod. Would like to extend time between loading the firebox and length of splits. Most splits are 16 or 18 around here. Maybe Bill KBQ can comment on a larger firebox.

Comment

It'll work fine as long as you use KBQ-sized logs (Red Bull to common brick in size), loaded with the grain oriented horizontally, and fill it only halfway up.

Comment

I seem to recall reading,

​​​​​​"CAN YOU MAKE A BIGGER FIREBOX?

Sure, but it wouldn’t do any good, as all fuel in the Firebox heats and burns on the same 30-minute timeline. If you don’t want to tend, don’t buy a stickburner!"

​​​​​​https://kbq.us/contact/#faqs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here