Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should I Ask for my Yoder YS480 (and accessories)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Should I Ask for my Yoder YS480 (and accessories)???

I currently own the Yoder YS480 (December 2017).

Additionally I own the:
    • Two-Piece Heat Diffuser
    • Cover
    • Insulating Jacket
    • 1/2 Depth 2nd Shelf
    • Grillgrates
    Smoker is in good shape but of course you're going to see some wear.

I would say I'm at least $2400 all-in.

I want to move up to the YS640 and that is the reason I'm thinking of selling my YS480. Any idea what I should price it at?

Thanks.

I would guess half price of new (+/-) as a starting point.

Comment

Considering they now have the new controller and heat diffuser standard, I'd guess somewhere around 1000 but I've honestly never seen one used for sale. Seen a few 640s and they were all sub 2K without comp cart. There's a 640 on comp cart that just dropped to 1500 from 2200 on facebook market place. Also a new 480S with a bunch of goodies listed for 1700 so who knows. Start high and trickle down as needed.

Comment

Keep it and have two! 🤣

Comment

Good thread on similar topic:

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            +1, and I give I PBR Credit to STEbbq

Another factor (or two) to consider, depending on what part of the country you're in we're headed into the time of year when interest in outdoor cookers goes down. If you can hold out, you'll likely find more buyer interest next spring unless you live in the sunbelt. The second point works a tad against that idea in that by next spring the replacement unit you want will likely cost more as inflation is upon us, big time, and the driving forces for that are not going to relent any time soon. As a practical matter any of us here who aren't a genuine buyer for your offer will only give an opinion. What you really need is someone with both money in hand and interest in what you have. Opinions don't do you much good...........

Comment

I’ve sold a number of pellet grills for 60-75% new price, but they’ve all been less than 15 months old. At 4-5 years, I’d probably start at 50% current package retail minus the cost of any accessories that are now standard and consider things that wear faster like a cover a bonus item if not brand new. I’d make sure any needed touch up work was done before taking pics and listing too. Like Uncle Bob says, that’s just an opinion, but with a little related experience behind it. Location/season is definitely a factor, but less so last couple years. If you don’t have inquiries within a couple weeks, you might have to hold it until spring

Comment

Just remember......the buyer will not care how much you have put into what you are selling. There is no value in that number for them.

I would say a 50% starting point is reasonable. Something that is 4-5 years old will be tough to move for over 50% of the original value. Even with accessories. Where are you located? I would be interested if you are close.........

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am located in Denver, CO. I will go through it this weekend, clean it up as best as I can, will snap some pictures and throw it up on the site and see the feedback that I get.

Comment

I would agree, even asking 50% may be tough. I paid $600 for my ultra-clean looked-like-new YS480 that was a couple of years old. I will say, if it had been $1200, I wouldn't have, even then. It had some accessories, essentially same as yours, without the 2-piece diffuser. I'm sure you feel it's worth $1200, and you may be right. But I think asking over $1000 is going to turn off a lot of potential buyers. Unless you need the extra $200, I'd consider dropping it under 4 digits.

Comment

EZCUSE In my opinion, list it on Facebook and/or Craigslist at your high price, and list it here at your reasonable price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here