Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Tabletop Fish Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Tabletop Fish Smoker?

This is a new one on me. Had to share this with the pit!
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

For those of us who aren't on Facebook, what is it?

Comment

Neat.

Comment

NO thank you, I second thought, No No thank you.
      Thanks for sharing

Comment

Draznnl Click image for larger version

Name:	2FC05616-C0E0-4CA9-B2D6-1849CBC5FF9F.png
Views:	243
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	1110450

Comment

Nope. You'd need a mighty high-wattage voltage converter for that ... and with my luck, the smoker'd be galvanized anyway. Just go get yourself a Little Chief or Old Smokey electric smoker if you need something like this.

That said, thank you for posting, efincoop ...
          Last edited by MBMorgan; October 15, 2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            As I recall, anything with a heating element is hard to convert to a different power. Something to do with ohms I think, but that's over my head.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            The voltage converter would cost many more times what this little tabletop fish smoker is worth. And probably be larger than the smoker, to support the 1500W or so it probably needs.

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            jfmorris - Yep. When we moved to Norway (25 years ago 🤔) we had to buy several transformers to convert 220VAC down to 120 for devices/appliances that weren't sensitive to 50 vs. 60 hz (things with timers tend to run a little slow on 50 hz). One of the transformers was a 2000W monster for small kitchen appliances. Even back then, I think we paid well over $200 for it.

I figured I'd post this more as a conversation item. I had never seen anything like this before.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean I thought there was some good conversation on electricity so far It looks more stout than a Chief smoker, and if so (if it was closer) I might be interested in it and then throw a replacement warmer from a Chief in it.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here