Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted to Buy: Slow 'N Sear XL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to Buy: Slow 'N Sear XL

Just found a 26" Weber Kettle locally. I would like to add a Slow 'N Sear XL to it. Does anyone have one they aren't using and would like to get rid of. New they are $149.99. I would like to get a used one for around $80.

Just curious if you already have a Slow N Sear? I use the 22" sized one in my 26 all the time. As of yet I haven't felt like the larger one would have made things better or easier. If you don't then keep lookin' for the XL I'm sure one will turn up for you.

Comment

• IdahoJim
      IdahoJim commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a 22" Slow 'N Sear. I don't have a 22" kettle. Didn't have a kettle until I just picked up the 26" and the Jumbo Joe yesterday.

If you got the baskets that came with the 26" Kettle you can disconnect the right side on one and the left side on the other, then reconnect them together. I know its not the same, but until you find one in your price range. I saw it on Youtube. DIY slow and sear or something like that. Hope that helps. I waited until Black Friday to get mine, the dropped the price down to like $120ish.

Comment

Fire bricks are your friend, and they're cheap. Maybe a SnS XL will become available eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve R. View Post
        Fire bricks are your friend, and they're cheap. Maybe a SnS XL will become available eventually.
        Firebricks don't seem that cheap around here. About $4 each. I figure I need at least 3 for the 26er. That's $12 that can go towards the Slow 'N Sear. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a cheap SOB

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          $12 is a LOT less than I paid for the SnS XL. I don't regret buying it, but the firebricks would do the job in the meantime. That was my method when I had a Ranch kettle. I couldn't see dropping $300 on the largest SnS, if it had even been available then. Yeah, I'm a cheap SOB myself. I still use the firebricks now for lighting my charcoal chimney on my concrete driveway.

A 1/3 size 4 inch high steam table pan and a 1/6 size pan next to it will hold the coals to the side and hold water. But a S&S is 4 3/4 inch tall to block infrared radiant heat, keeps the heat off of the kettle bowl and the water steams better. Using steam table pans blocks less IR heat under the 5 inch space between the coal and cooking grates and needs another pan above the coals to create steam. Sure it costs $15 for the pans but every time I use it I wish I had a S&S.
        Attached Files

Comment

Most SNS users find the regular size SNS works fine in the 26" kettle. Consider the deluxe version with the removable water tray as this allows more charcoal for searing and cooks that do not need steam.

Comment

I finally bit the bullet and bought one new. Bought it and the 26" easy spin grate for about $200. After trying to mess with coals mid-cook one time, I decided the nice big hinged portion of the easy spin grate is worth it. Husky or other admins. Can you close this thread?

Comment

Huskee OP requested to close this thread.

Comment

How's that XL workin out, Amigo?

I Loves Mine...

Comment

I have one that I had cut down (made shorter) to try and fit on my WSCG. The circumference didn't work. $50 bucks plus shipping and it's yours. Brand new.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here