Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Memorable Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    A sacred place of honor.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    You have my vote for a mustard one!

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. We haven't come up with a new one for some time.

• STEbbq
    replied
    Hey Max, ever thought about a mustard-based addition to the line-up?

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    My wife and I visited Gettysburg a few years ago. Here's just a few of the pictures we took in the cemetery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0648.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1036099

Name:	DSC_0666.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1036098

Name:	DSC_0684.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1036100

Name:	DSC_0675.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1036101

Name:	DSC_0656.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1036102

Name:	DSC_0652.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	1036103

Name:	DSC_0674.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1036104

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    One of our volunteer firefighters was a WWII vet and POW of the Japanese. He was captured in the Philippines at the beginning of the war and lost many comrades during his time in captivity. He volunteered at the High School metal shop and they struck a bunch of VFW medallion flag holders for every veteran at our cemetery. It was an honor for us at the FD to place flags for each of those vets, and when Morey died he got one too. I miss him, and many others, to this day.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; May 25, 2021, 03:29 PM.

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Nice!!!

• klflowers
    replied
    When I was a scout leader, every year on Memorial Day we put flags on all of the graves at the Chattanooga National Cemetery. One of the highlights of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied

Name:	463DBFD0-8B16-4E62-A9B4-4DAF6011BB0A.png
Views:	321
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	1036060

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied

Name:	C3C52BB3-1564-4785-9054-810CA70AA653.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1036048

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    A friend sent this today. A picture in one word. This one is called Honor. Could just as easily be Sacrifice.

Name:	Honor.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1036044
    Last edited by jlazar; May 25, 2021, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RolfTaylor
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the reminder - May we all have a thoughtful Memorial Day as we consume BBQ. This is food for thought.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Nor safe.

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    A good reminder to all that freedom isn't free. Thanks for posting..

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    commented on 's reply
    I have no words............................................. ..........................

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here