Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help find Masterbuilt 560 lid/door switch kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help find Masterbuilt 560 lid/door switch kit

Hello to everyone. New member here who needs a little help. I recently bought a clearance model Masterbuilt Gravity series 560 smoker. I just tried the break-in season burn today. I kept seeing "open" message of lcd screen. Everything seemed to working otherwise. I found the switch broken off where you open and shut main door. I found the part number 9904190041. Nobody has these in stock. Does anyone know where I can find one? Can I just pull switch and tape wires together? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

Welcome, teachtom!

Yes, you can short circuit the wires, it's super easy if you're handy. I had to do this early in my review process of the 560 as my switch failed rather quickly. A well known shortcoming of a novel cooker. If you prefer to try to get some switches let me know and we can look into it for you.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I am hoping to find a replacement switch if possible. It looks like a simple generic on/off switch might work. Everywhere I searched for the part was out of stock. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Comment

I'll look into it for you. I can't promise anything, they may not have any in stock or they may have finally switched over to some hardier ones. I will update you if/when I know.

Comment

teachtom Here's a pic of how I bypassed the switches that failed. Just remove both wires from the faulty switch and shove one clip into the boot of the other, and it'll hold it. Doesn't matter which. Easy peasey.

(Just be aware that the fan won't shut off when you open whichever door that switch is at, so you could get a face full of fire if you're not careful)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Masterbuilt Gravity wires.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	1017090

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Fire Good, Unngghhh!!! lol

• Brian_M
            Brian_M commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee Thanks for this pic. The wire to the switch on my 1050 hopper lid came off…probably with some help from a little dog that likes to lick grease drippings…and instead of taking it all apart to reconnect the wire to the switch, I used this. Everything works again and I’m back to cooking supper.

Thanks a lot for checking into finding one. I'll bet there is a plain jane switch that would work. Also thanks for the heads up about the fan. Wouldn't want to singe my whiskers.ha

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes. Hope to find a lid switch.

Comment

I have been trying to find the new parts as well. I understand they are delivering new grills with upgraded parts now but they have yet to build an inventory of new parts for sale to existing owners.

MB has not been able to tell me when the parts are back or in stock or even bow to identify the upgraded parts on the website yet.

Comment

We got an 'out of office' reply upon contacting MB. Supply chains have been disrupted for a year now, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, but we will keep you updated if we hear back.

Comment

A big Thank you for everyone looking for me.I checked other part suppliers and nobody has them in stock. I wonder if this is a 12V switch? Thinking something like a light switch on a car when you open/shut the door.

Comment

Heard back from MB. They will send one out when they come back in stock. Thanks everyone , just waiting now..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here