Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Gateway Drum For Sale Used 3 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Gateway Drum For Sale Used 3 times

**Sold**Bought a Gateway Drum cooker 2 years ago, didn't like the hot and fast method like we thought we would. Ended up liking the low and slow method much better. Asking $550, have to come to Missouri to pick it up, or will be driving to GA late Spring early summer and can deliver if you're close to our travel route. Haven't had a chance to take pictures but will be taking pictures in the near future.
    Last edited by Sunset Ridge Q; March 21, 2021, 12:59 PM.

Is it the 55gal?

Comment

What part of Missouri? I would like to see a picture.

Comment

Central Missouri, I will be posting pictures on Saturday. It's in storage and I will be getting it out this weekend.

Comment

Here's a nice one Oakgrovebacon

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh your a funny man.

• Oakgrovebacon
          Oakgrovebacon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, that is a part of Missouri.

I don't own a Gateway but do own two WSMs (which are essentially drum type smokers) and was curious about your "hot and fast" statement. Not trying to dissuade you, it's certainly your decision to make, but I'm assuming you don't realize you can cook low and slow on a drum cooker? I do it all the time, usually run chicken and ribs around 250*, which is as low as I cook in any of my cookers. Just a bit curious as to your motive for selling?

Comment

I have an offset cooker I use and I enjoy using it for cooking more than I do on the Gateway. Nothing against this type of smoker, I just prefer an offset.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here