Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't too far below zero Sunday night, so I went ahead and threw a pork butt on the pooper. Basic cook with a 24 hour dry brine, a goodly coat of Hanks KC rub, and a light dusting of Kosmo Q Honey Killer Bee. Just to keep up the Pit connection, I made up a batch of Huskee Shawsh

to mix in with the shred.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210208_002828628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.09 MB ID:	987217
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210208_003404599.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.27 MB ID:	987215
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210208_122010538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	987216
    Last edited by willxfmr; February 8, 2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Been going through a Japanese egg & rice bowl phase lately. Tonight’s version is a riff on shrimp (ebi) donburi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8953F8D-9D68-4519-BB12-0F4DD0F575B5.jpeg
Views:	324
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	987549

Comment

Ordered salmon last week from Crowd Cow, as I had a credit and wanted to use it before the weather started to warm up a bit. Was able to get Coho from Copper River, and it was just as good as the last time I ordered. Went with the gas grill, S/P/G and a little crushed red pepper. Served with green bean almondine and jasmine rice.

Name:	ACAAF87C-4A62-48CD-AAC1-173BCE7027E8.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	987598

Comment

Chicken Tikka Masala, same recipe that Attjack posted the other day. Glad i made it, really good! I used Greek yogurt in the marinade. Instead of searing the meat in a skillet I fired up the PK-O. The recipe made a lot so I'll be enjoying this for awhile. I made the garlic butter rice from the website, was going to make the naan but ran out of time today.

Chicken Tikka Masala is creamy and easy to make right at home in one pan with simple ingredients!Full of incredible flavours, it rivals any Indian restaurant! Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce, this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is one of the best you will try!

Name:	tikka_masala1.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	987620

Name:	tikka_masala2.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	987622

Name:	tikka_masala3.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	987624

Name:	tikka_masala4.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	987621

Name:	tikka_masala5.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	987623

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice meal

Taco Tuesday..... The sauce is gochujang mixed with soy sauce and rice vinegar

Name:	PXL_20210210_022404691.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	987627

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy So true! I mark the passage of a week by needing to refill my MTWTFSS pill box. If it's empty, it must mean another week has passed. Who knew.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy yeah, Tuesday hahaha. Wait it was Tuesday right?

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          @Ernst it’s all just *day anymore. I love seeing your creations and would love to try them, the problem is I eat them all solo as the girls won’t hardly even try a new sauce let alone if I made tacos with rice vinegar. If they saw me get that out of the cupboard they refuse (and I do have some I think), I have to sneak things into recipes.

Name:	PSX_20210209_205000.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	987649
        Last edited by Attjack; February 9, 2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! But, where's the beef?

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          treesmacker Good question. I had half a pound of ground beef in the fridge that needed to be used. She thought it tasted great but could have used more beef.

Yum.
        Attached Files

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Yum!

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          well said

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That says it all

Click image for larger version  Name:	8294BA61-1C08-4B6A-A312-90D23EDE9BEB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	987814Click image for larger version  Name:	81C5802B-97D8-44AB-BF24-1F4FBFB07F82.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	987813Click image for larger version  Name:	F9966547-D5BA-40D8-B3DA-E7EB7DA48958.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	987811Click image for larger version  Name:	FCBF7B9F-1CA0-4333-BFA0-2F929F31A076.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.18 MB ID:	987812

Had a nice looking chuck roast I pulled from freezer to make room for the pig, so we made chuckie burnt ends.
        Once I moved these into the oven after wrapping I did a slab of salmon.

Weber kettle, SnS. Careibque Rub, Veteran BBQ sauce on the chuckie.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; February 10, 2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• crazytown3
          crazytown3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gad zooks that looks good. I need to dig through my freezer and get some meals made like this.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice cook !!!

I feel I've been away from my grill and even cooking forever, I kinda have been. First I had a period where I was extremely busy at work, staying in my office late most days. Then right as that was winding down, I had to go out of town for a bit.

Well I recently just got back home, and was itching to get back on the Big Green Egg. I was wondering if I'd evwny remember how to start a fire

The night I got back in it snowed, which is rare in Georgia even the Northern part I live in. So it had to be chili I figured. Turned out to be a good choice!
        Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20210209_182153.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	987878 Last night's dinner, Nothing fancy. Just some Brazilian fish stew on a cold night. I substitute cod for tilapia

Comment

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks delicious! I'm going to make some Brazilian black bean stew (feijoada) this weekend.

A while back I posted here about smoking some grains for a home brewer co-worker. Well, the result is now in my belly (after being poured into my super awesome pint glass adorned with a stray Klee Kai hair).

I believe I used hickory and mesquite, I forget. Smoked for a few hours, spritzed very lightly with water every now and then to help smoke adhesion. Then cold smoked quite a while longer.

Smoked Brown Ale:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0975.JPG Views:	0 Size:	5.10 MB ID:	987903

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd drink that! Minus any hair.

• BradNorthGA
            BradNorthGA commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try almost any beer set in front of me anyways, but I would be especially eager to try this one

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            to be fair, the hair is on the exterior of the glass, which is a welcome change. The beer itself is very good, I'm not sure I can taste smoke, but there is a smell of it in the glass to me. Then again as a smoker maybe I'm not as sensitive to that stuff, the brewer smells and tastes it.

So last night I pulled this out of the freezer, it's been in there a few months waiting for me to do something with it:

Name:	20210209_183123-X4.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	987911

So here's the action shot:

It's a ribeye cap, probably in the 2½-3lb range. Now that I think about it, we ate the rib roast in the warm outside... so it had to be Oct or earlier. I dunno.

Anyways, it's been sitting there a long time waiting for me to get around to it.

Sous vide at 130 for 3 hours or so, then about 6-8 minutes flipping on a Warp 9 gas grill. In about 15°F temp outside. Yikes!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            One of the best pieces of meat on the steer! And, nice knife.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great!

Snake River Farms Pork Chops. These were incredible. So much better than from the grocery store.

Front seared on the WSCG

Name:	IMG_0550.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	987921

With Stir Fried Snap Peas and Mashed Potatoes

Name:	IMG_0553.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	987920

Comment

• Burkester
            Burkester commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful chops!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow those chops look totally on point !!!!

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Sensationally Classy Sir.

Back in November I took my Smokey Joe off the deck where my other cookers reside. Figured in winter and with a bunch of snow on the deck I could cook in the driveway. Well I cleared the deck today but decided to use the S.J. It is the 1st time and better late than never. Did a porterhouse about 23oz b4 trim. I'd say 20 oz. after trim. Very happy with the results.

Name:	20210210_184301.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	987929Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_175921.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	987930Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_185936.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	987931Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_190519.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	987932Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_191405.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	987933Click image for larger version

Name:	20210210_193119.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	987934

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Too much meat left on the bone. Mine look like an archeologist just dug it up when I’m done.

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Saved some for my wife.

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya know I do it too when I have to, but I really don’t like front yard grilling on my driveway. I’ve yet to figure out the reasoning behind it.

Wife & I teamed up for a quicker supper tonight. She made the brussel sprouts, I did the tuna
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here