Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was time to clear some veggies from the fridge, so tonight was curried chicken and shrimp with veggies, including a cute little romanesco. It had been too long since I got into the Patak's for a curry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-02 18.07.29-1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	983975

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      smokenoob I do both. This cook started with Patak's Hot Curry Paste but I also added some Madras curry powder as I seared the chicken. The base recipe on the Patak's bottle is a good place to start, although it doesn't add veggies the way I like.

It's really hard to go wrong with curry. Any protein and any fresh veggies, in whatever combination you have on hand always seems to come out great.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Super tasty looking!!!

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have one recipe with curry in it and since I like curry I need to look around for some good curry recipes. Your curry bowl looks awesome.

S&G chix cooked with the Vortex. I added a hunk o' hickory for smoke. Brussels Sprouts and packaged rice and beans for sides. And some homemade iced tea to wash it all down.

Name:	20210202_180532[1].jpg
Views:	262
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	983983

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Vortex is a chicken roasting machine. Looks delicious.

My wife bought boneless skinless chicken breasts... my least favorite meat to cook... rubbed them down and cooked them indirect, did some broccoli on the side. It was all actually pretty good all things considered. If I eat like a body builder for one meal, the muscles should come right? Click image for larger version

Name:	22441ECC-78DF-4447-AE1C-455327045DD9.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	984015

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      So ya ate healthy, so now you can eat whatever you want for, like, at least a week.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      jhoskins It works for me! I eat one healthy meal a week. I’m 6’2” 225 lbs of solid rippling muscle. A lot of people confuse me with John Cena.
      Or is it John Candy?

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job on the yard bird. Looks moist. Breasts have a tendency to dry out.

Well, it was one of those cooks..... dear wife said lets have the left over salmon and pot stickers with fried rice, oh yeah I agreed! Then, where’s the salmon? uh, don’t you remember we ate it two nights ago? plan B, wake up some royal reds and we’re good! So, what about marinade? Well, cook what ya got, let’s go cabinet divin’’..... found Cap’t Rodneys Mango Fire and Key Lime Ginger Wasabi Marinade, ok we’re good! Comfortably numb now watchin’ Blue Hawaii!
    Attached Files

Comment

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SheilaAnn cabnet divin’ works for us to! Elvis was awesome!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, now I got that damn song in my head. Give me the shrimp instead

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha Troutman I play that game with my wife all the time, whistle or hum a tune and see if she picks it up

I fergot to post the Brezen I made yesterday. They are supposed to be shaped as pretzels, but they take up too much room that way, so I made logs...

Name:	20210201_185350[1].jpg
Views:	253
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	984082

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RonB I was able to download to Paprica. One question Lye? Dip it in Lye which you need to make? Did you do this? I'm a bit hesitant on that part. This guy uses drain cleaner to make the lye. I don't think I can get past that.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      RichieB - Ya don't have to use the lye. I did with no problems. If you use anything else, they won't come out as dark, and the taste may be slightly different

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      RichieB Baking soda instead of lye is what I use for my pretzels. Let me dig up the recipe and share on the other page.

CI-apalooza! Inspired by HouseHomey fantastic chicken cooks....paired With roasted sweet potatoes and radishes. Yes, I said radishes. When they are roasted, they lose some of that peppery-ness. But gain a slight sweetness of a turnip/parsnip. It was a great dish!

Name:	7248EAEC-819E-4DFD-879C-598C5EF9BCF5.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	984110

Name:	A9C81DB7-A18C-48C5-8BD3-3C264027A765.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	984111

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      The chicken looks on point. I love radishes both acidic and mellowed. Great ingredient choice for texture and flavor.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy... look at that dirty bird!!!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn Jim White I can attest to the deliciousness of roasted radishes. Their texture is great, just the right amount of tooth resistance. And flavorful.

I'm back. I lost a few family members to the virus. But hey, it's rough out there. Life must go on.
    Chicken enchiladas, refried black beans.

Name:	PXL_20210203_010453023.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	984121

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ernest The death of your relatives is awful. We lost our 'Papa'. He was 92, but bright, great sense of humor. Hope we all get vaccinated soon. And, your food, as always, brings solace to our stomachs. Peace.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for your loss Ernest. Yes, life needs to continue forward, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Food looks on point as usual.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear, Ernest. Hopefully a good, home cooked meal helped you get through it.

CI skillet chicken thighs with Brussel sprouts. Easy dinner but great flavor!

Name:	9944F460-74DE-4EC2-B5A5-F3BF7160AACE.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	984127

Comment

Ernest , yeah it’s rough out there. Just got to tough it out! Fabulous dish as always!

Comment

Made Kenji's easy instant pot Pork Chili Verde again and used my new cast iron press to make tortillas.

Name:	Resizer_16123275979940.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	984134

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          House made tortillas! You can’t beat that!!!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Small world I have my chili verde recipe on board for this weekend!! Good job !!

Slow cooker Korean beef on rice with flyingpiglet 's home made kim chi.

Name:	PXL_20210203_041650440.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	984162

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow. I need to make some kim chi again. And then make this dish!this looks wonderful! So many flavors!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Korean BBQ. We have it every other month.

Troutman Here is where I had lunch today.

Wednesday lunch. Cumin braised chicken wings. A caramelized onion/garlic reduced and thickened in a chicken stock. Quinoa (yes I know my rice is wet, I hate fluffy rice as I so kindly pointed out to the critic on my Instagram... geeze man) tomato, Avo and green onion.. pretty slammin. The house smelled great too.

Name:	9CA94B74-473A-459E-85BC-9E4A08653595.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	984474

Name:	AD6F2E0E-5C2B-45C0-9E02-031DEFA93DDD.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	984472

Name:	E0D3E45B-E25D-43C8-976B-85E9281B849B.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	984475

Name:	F908478A-19BC-4BD0-9966-BB88B79A4DEB.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	984473

Name:	57830AAE-D71B-4C99-926B-A8E2504D82CA.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	984467

Name:	6695EDAC-E0B8-45D5-8724-B21E1FDE5022.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	984469

Name:	187EF54C-7417-45D0-86F3-1DF5B9C062C4.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	984470

Name:	2940C209-B947-473A-8FB4-91DCFACFEC3D.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	984471

Name:	805D6C53-BA47-461A-AB17-54526976BECB.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	984468

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, just awesome.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the bed of quinoa, chicken looks on point !!!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman Even though the quinoa is too wet? 🤦 (Why isn’t there an "eye rolling" emoji?)

Not sure if this should go in here or in the spoof thread! 🤔😂 I forgot to take pictures of the country ribs when they came off smoker as we had company and I was busy visiting (shh, don’t tell my governor!). They did turn out awesome and got rave reviews from company. This was next day reheated for lunch on the fine China. 😳🤷‍♀️
        Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks super tasty!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          This is just fine. Heck you almost made for Attjack Leftover thread. Darn that elusive other pic!

• tamidw
          tamidw commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn they were super tasty, probably why I kept forgetting to take pictures. 🤣

HouseHomey thanks! Trying to get better at remembering the important pictures.

It had been far too long since I made a pizza.

Name:	2021-02-03 18.41.47-1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	984511

Name:	2021-02-03 18.41.03-1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	984509

Name:	2021-02-03 18.44.28.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	984510

I'm finally starting to get the hang of the Baking Steel cold fermented dough recipe. For the first time, I stretched entirely by hand rather than rolling out. Sure helped get air into the crust. This would have been perfect if I could just have not such a heavy hand with the toppings so that the center gets soggy. I may finally try a couple of minutes of pre-bake without toppings to see if that helps crisp up the center.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope so. Seeing you mention that before is what made me want to try it. In fact, there's one more dough ball in the fridge I'll probably try that on tomorrow.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Just pop and deflate the center a bit as it begins to bubble and expand before you sauce it. I generally do that, and put it back in f0r another 30-40 seconds.. p.s. I use broil on that part.
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 3, 2021, 07:53 PM.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking pie!

Ribeyes on the grill tonight, also a twice baked, and a salad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A1CB7901-F434-4855-9092-A1F3D08CB6F6.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	4.09 MB ID:	984517

Click image for larger version  Name:	820F91EE-C6D4-44C7-859D-B1AE020E39B6.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	984516
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 3, 2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty pictures of pretty food!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Straight fire man! And a salad for the WIN!!!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here