Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my first smoked salmon, brined it overnight and smoked for about 4hrs man is it good!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Old_Bikes
      Old_Bikes commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great!

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Love smoked salmon. And really not that difficult to do.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8AF5275E-9732-4A21-A5CA-B32FC8CA9311.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	5.53 MB ID:	983285Click image for larger version  Name:	06635EC9-C320-4B08-9935-B67B73293582.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.16 MB ID:	983282Click image for larger version  Name:	00B1CE0B-E573-4966-9861-9A982B34FDCE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.86 MB ID:	983281

Split a 9 lb butt. Half rubbed with a Costco rub the other with Old Bikes coriander pork rub. PBC. Old Bikes coriander pork rub - Pitmaster Club (amazingribs.com)
    Family really liked the hint of coriander flavor but all agree it brought out the pork flavor.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; February 2, 2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great! Nice bark!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy... here we go!

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      woof woof nice bark!

I wanted short ribs for dinner. Served them with roasted vegetables. I wish I had some of that delicious bread I have seen in previous posts. Gotta work on that.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Which recipe? Smoked, yes? Beautiful.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I want a short rib dinner 2

• Old_Bikes
      Old_Bikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Salt and pepper, then low and slow on the BGE. Ran them at 225 until they hit around 150 and kicked it up to 275 because I did not want to wait forever for dinner. Had them over a water bath and used a chunk of oak and pecan. They were pretty tasty.

Each new thread it gets better and better. I seriously think any of these cooks should be rotated on the free site on the side somewhere as an ad for the pitmaster club. To make it easy could just use the ones selected for hot from the pit.

Every time I look here I am blown away.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I suggested that a long time ago. Got pretty much lambasted by management. They like their ads better.

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember that argument. Doesn’t make the suggestion any less good.

Besides, Lamb-basted is pretty good.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d rather see actual member cooks also. rather than something from people we don’t know. It would be more impressive to me if I was thinking of joining the pit.
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 1, 2021, 10:11 PM.

Made some birria tacos over the weekend following Troutman's recipe. Turned out delicious! The corn tortillas were fresh as well...and I thought I'd pick up a little BBQ essence by doing them on my new PK 360. That's a blast to cook on!

Click image for larger version  Name:	0166BDD3-E0E8-4453-ACC5-1DDD31DDB14E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	983352Click image for larger version  Name:	0810D626-2137-4C66-934C-13C4C09F19B5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	983353Click image for larger version  Name:	5D2E91F2-473F-411C-87B0-B4D78FFCCE5D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	983354
    Last edited by JakeT; February 1, 2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Birria for the win! And the house made tortillas! You can’t beat that!

• Old_Bikes
      Old_Bikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Sign me up. Look like killer tacos. Kudos on making your own tortillas.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh, look at that bright and shiny PK360. Nice!! Luv my PK.

Finally cooked those Creekstone Farms beef ribs I got before Christmas. Did them on the Hasty-Bake cause it seemed like it was lonely with all the smoking I've been doing on the WSM. Loaded up the firebox with FOGO Premium, buried small splits of Red Oak (thanks Steve R.) in the FOGO, lit a small weber chimney worth of lump to the get the fire going. Ran the Hasty-Bake at 250F for about 6 hours. The ribs were probe tender at about 195F internal.

As others have noted, the Creekstone beef ribs are somewhat oddly trimmed. Feels like it is the opposite end of the rib plate, not the end we all want. The meat was great, but some of the ribs were a bit light on meat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2340.png Views:	0 Size:	507.0 KB ID:	983489
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2342.png Views:	0 Size:	729.8 KB ID:	983491
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2343.png Views:	0 Size:	655.3 KB ID:	983490
    Last edited by ecowper; February 1, 2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• tcarlberg
      tcarlberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic! Nice job on those ribs.

• Old_Bikes
      Old_Bikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, those look good.

Smoked spare rib ramen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210201_131302.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	983500

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the little notchy bowl !!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman My girlfriend got me a set of those bowls. We also have nicer albeit smaller ceramic versions too. For Christmas, I got my neighbor a similar set since his daughter likes him to make ramen for her. She plays soccer and if she goes pro she has let me know she will hire me as her personal chef. Which would be a pretty good gig since I'm not actually a chef.

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Love those bowls. I recently bought some ramen bowls. Wish I had seen these.

Waygu Fillets reverse seared on the Jumbo Joe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Trying to think spring, so I made a few loaded hotdogs. Tomatoes, onions, green chili’s, grated Monterey Jack, and plochmans mustard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8E2C8799-52C7-4430-8BCE-0A4812C96B90.jpeg Views:	25 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	983591
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 1, 2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost a Chicago dog. Just need the radioactive green relish, sport peppers, dill pickle wedge, raw onion, & celery salt. Then delete the chilis, and cheese. Keep the hot dog, yellow mustard, tomatoes. Oh yeah, and add poppy seeds to the rolls. 😬

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Dr. Pepper, so basically just about as similar to a sluice of NY Za, just make the tomatoes into a sauce, then get rid of the bun, and the rest of the toppings, then putting the tomatoes onto a crust with cheese, and toppings instead. LOL Kidding.

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        Noice! Now all you need is a hat!

Serious Eats Beef and Broccoli over rice. I added mushrooms because the wife requested them.

Name:	IMG_0485.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	983599

Name:	IMG_0488.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	983601

Name:	IMG_0489.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	983600

Name:	IMG_0494.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	983602

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I like the mushroom add here! Good call on that!

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks darn good!

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        nice! Wish I could eat broccoli again....I’m not allowed in tunnels for 24 hrs after eating broccoli.....

Roasted Red Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes with Ricotta. Spicy Baked Ricotta and Pepper bruschetta.

Name:	Resizer_16122353045920.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	983660

Name:	Resizer_16122353045921.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	983661

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks darn good!

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good. I'm making stuffed peppers tomorrow night.

• smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        dayum!

Crawfish Monica with homemade tasso:

Click image for larger version  Name:	monica1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.58 MB ID:	983724

Click image for larger version  Name:	monica2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.78 MB ID:	983723

Last edited by 58limited; February 2, 2021, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        I added the tasso to the veggies at the beginning. I also added some Parmesan cheese when I added the cream.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for the recipe link and the additional information, 58limited .

Kathryn

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the recipe. Cheers.

Sliced porkbelly, baked beans and potatoes..
      closest thing i come to cowboy food at the moment..

Name:	16122780047714449279651850042166.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	983770

Comment

Sunday gravy from Rao's recipe during the snowstorm. Also made meatballs but no pics before they went in the freezer.

Name:	2269B11A-757D-45BD-A2B1-86F5B7319954_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	983823

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          I can smell it!

Royal Red Shrimp coming out of their cryonic sleep, then onto the sear burner for a light supper
        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here