Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to make some Sunday gravy.
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I like that backsplash. Something different from the "subway tile".

• dtresca
      dtresca commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Need to give credit to the wife for that selection.

Today i got my griddle out and my wok..and made some BLT S..i got this idea from SAM THE COOKING GUY..
    MAYO .Dukes..with Cajun season
    ice burg lettuce
    fried red tomatoes..in a spice flour/egg and cream wash/and corn meal with black pepper and kosher salt
    thick cut wright bacon with maple syrup/Coleman mustard and Slap Ya Mama cajun spice
    this on a hamburger bun all i had handy toasted with ghee butter
    Attached Files

Comment

Sundays we typically cook something that results in copious amounts of leftovers. So this week we did lasagna. Simmered the sauce for several hours this morning with a 50/50 Italian sausage and ground beef mix.

This thing tipped the scales on my kitchen scale (11 lbs).
      Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great! Lasagna goes good with fried platypus flippers.

• USMCCrashCrew89
        USMCCrashCrew89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean frying anything makes it taste better, right? I general draw the line on "Would you eat it?" around the zebra, not sure where the platypus fits between zebra and yardbird but I’m sure it’s in there someplace.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Hot Italian sausage I hope?

Beef Dino ribs on the 22 kettle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	928BB4B1-C954-4D65-90A4-8C1F34DCACDB.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	879.1 KB ID:	983022

Click image for larger version  Name:	20425678-3D2D-46F6-AC4F-F70D83455FB6.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	983061
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 31, 2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy, could I gnaw on one of those! Nice cook, Richard.

Sunday Supper T-Bones 🥩
      Attached Files

Comment

• Stuey1515
        Stuey1515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I be so bold to suggest PERFECTION!!! Well done mate

• rgriffeath
        rgriffeath commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you everyone! Much appreciated!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m gonna pick nits here.... one looks like a porterhouse (more tenderloin). That’s just me. But dayum, looks mighty tasty!

Sunday Night Snowstorm Creation.

Boneless Chicken Thighs with Roasted Garlic Creamy Sauce, Porcini Mushroom, Three Cheese Broccoli Casserole, Roasted Eggplant Topped with Parmesan Reggiano and a dab of Pomodoro Sauce. Oh Yeah!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5459.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	983038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5461.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	983040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5467.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	983039

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        That chicken in the roasted garlic cream sauce looks scrumptious.

• Stuey1515
        Stuey1515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Would you be interested in taking in a boarder?? Haha

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        So y’all are dairy intolerant? JK, looks fantastic!

Tried some no-knead bread.....turned out great!

Name:	45CC11A6-A0BD-4BE1-B7FA-D59A4D994A51.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	983048

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I need, I need some of that!

So the wife brought home a brisket from the local store. Looked OK, 16 lbs. but no indication of grade. So 4 am this morning, 28 deg. and 6" of fresh heavy snow on the ground I shovel a path to the smoker and by 4:45 we're rollin' smoke and brisket in. 245 to 250 the whole time. I pulled it from the smoker around 2 pm and found that the flat was already 198 in a few places. This should have been a clue. Almost 16 lbs. of meat done in 9 hrs.? Did a probe test and found the flat to still be a little tough. In a pan with a little broth, wrapped and in the oven at 275 for 35 minutes. What the hell right? Pulled the foil back, did a probe test and the texture was tolerable but not soft. I just wrapped it in a towel and let it rest for a while. Not my best work. A little dry and not much beef flavor. Sometimes inexpensive isn't always the best bet Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_154132.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	983050Click image for larger version

Name:	20210131_170816.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	983051

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Some brisket is just that way. No matter what you do, they just end up missing the mark. I ALWAYS blame the cow.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great!

Roto-lamb.

Name:	B8175700-BC68-4AED-A8FC-C60FC34BFD06.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	983060

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        That lamb looks awesome. What did you put on it?

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes!!

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is just a Costco BRT leg that I unrolled, put a dry version of meatheads dolly rub on, and ran in the rotisserie in the MBG at 225 then at the end, sprayed with some oil and cranked it to 500F for 15 minutes. Final temp ~140F.

I'm going to give a shout out to my wife. This is the 6# chuck roast I mentioned in a previous post She used it. Did in slow cooker with potato carrot and onion. I'm sure other seasoning but I have no idea. Took the juices and she made the gravy. In cooker about 6 hours. She asked me to check IT. At 225 suggested done. Well the beef is like butter. And taste was comforting.
      ​​​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20210131_192001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	983065
      Last edited by RichieB; January 31, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Decided to do a hot and kind of fast cook on the SNS Kamado tonight. Just winging it really, with a 4 pack of USDA Prime sirloins from Sam's Club, two were about 1 inch thick and two were about 2 inches thick.

First time breaking in the new SNS in the SNS Kamado, and just filled it about 2/3 full with lumb, and used 3 tumbleweeds, with the lid up and all vents wide open. I can see that I don't really need a chimney, as it was a blazing inferno in 15 minutes!

Used the elevated grate to get the meat a little above the fire, and very pleased with the results. I didn't get any plated pictures, or of the two thickest steaks (mine). Was too busy running between grill and kitchen...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4337.JPEG Views:	45 Size:	774.5 KB ID:	983069Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4341.JPEG Views:	47 Size:	695.5 KB ID:	983068

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4346.JPEG Views:	45 Size:	591.2 KB ID:	983067Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4352.JPEG Views:	47 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	983070
        Last edited by jfmorris; February 1, 2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          All I’m seeing is the shiny grill grates! Oh yeah, and the sirloins look amazing, too!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Andrrr yeah I was messing around while waiting on them to cook, and then realized I might be cooking my phone sticking it up to the vents like that, haha!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn I know! It's sad they won't stay that shiny and new, but I'll do my best! I felt relieved to see blackened grates in some of the SNSGrills videos... I was worried I was doing something wrong when I couldn't get the grate shiny again on my kettle...

Made some double doubles tonight....double patty, double cheese and double green chile!!! I turned the gasser to high, placed a few CI skillets to get them ripping hot and did smash burger style patties. Also sliced up some potatoes for steak fries with Heath Rile’s Garlic Jalapeno rub.

This isn’t the greatest plating...ran out of ketchup and I bumped the fries a bit trying to shake out what ketchup I could - I should’ve cleaned that plate and rounded the ketchup a bit before the photo!

Name:	354804A2-9074-461A-976E-444CC6CB1537.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	983078

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          I count three doubles in that description.

Double double double burgers!

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim White why, yes you do! Haha. With Triple Smiles too, after we were done eating!

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          "10" on the burgers and fries! "4" on the ketchup presentation. But, like FireMan says "Who gives a rip!" 😂

Farmed Atlantic salmon, brushed lightly with olive oil, then salt, pepper and dried dill. 2 minutes per side on the flat portion of the GrillGrates on my Weber propane grill. I have stopped oiling the grill, the fish has enough intrinsic oil, and never sticks.
        I had skinned the salmon, and cook the skin separately. It pops and snaps with it's own oil. The grandkids love it. They call it 'fish skin chips.' Side of oven broccoli with sliced almonds, a little parmesan, in 425 oven.

Name:	IMG_6138.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	983082Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6139.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	983081

Crisyp Salmon Skin, from off the GrillGrates

Name:	IMG_6140.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	983080

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Crispy salmon skin... money!

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks great. But, you're in Seattle and you eat farm raised Atlantic?🙄😎

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles I know, we should be eating wild caught King (Chinook.) However, with the Orcas starving, and the third world starting to get first world appetites for protein, I figure we need to adjust to sustainable food sources. Just like we can't all go shoot our meat in the woods, so must we also be judicious in wild fishing. I'll still buy wild King occasionally. A local small chain, Metropolitan Market, gets an Icelandic farmed salmon which rivals wild King. And they use good aquaculture.🤔

Singapore Chow Mei Fun, a/k/a Singapore Mei Fun, a/k/a Singapore rice noodles. It typically has 3 different proteins. In this case shrimp, char siu pork and egg. The noodles are flavored with yellow curry powder. This is one of my favorite dishes to order at a certain type of Chinatown restaurant in NYC (either Manhattan or Queens.) This is my first time trying to make it at home. It came out really great. Served with homemade red chilli oil with sediment on the side And there's leftovers!

Name:	PXL_20210201_014809697-01.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	983094

Name:	PXL_20210201_014953751-01.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	983095
        ​​​​

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. That looks great!!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks Grand!

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow really amazing!

Sous vide pork loin chops. Seared in the CI skillet on the weber side burner. Served with a porcini- marsala sauce and stuffed artichokes.

Name:	PXL_20210201_014219388.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	983162

Name:	PXL_20210201_020608220.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	983163

Comment

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris - Here is the recipe. I've been eating these since before I can remember!

If you like steamed or boiled whole artichokes, try them stuffed with a simple herbed bread crumb stuffing. The secret ingredient in this stuffed artichoke recipe is "Roman mint." But any kind of mint will do. You can even cook these artichokes on your grill!

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          jhoskins - I used the recipe in the America's Test Kitchen "Sous Vide for Everybody" cookbook. However, there are a number of very similar recipes that pop up if you search on Porcini-Marsala Pan Sauce. For example:

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          One of our favorite artichoke recipes: Trim, cut in half, use sharp spoon to scrape out choke. Brush with lemon juice, place two garlic cloves in hollow where choke used to be, salt, pepper, more lemon juice, and olive oil (1-2 tsp of each.) I don't wrap in aluminum due to oxidation with the lemon juice, but instead line a baking sheet with parchment paper, cover top with aluminum with a decent seal, and bake at 425 for about one hour.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here