Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still working on my Ooni Koda 16 pizza technique. I like the way this sourdough worked - it was 59% hydration and 72 hours proof at average about 50F. I still need practice on the pizza build and cooking temperature and technique. This is getting closer though... I tend to put too many toppings on, I know... it's hard to resist. Maybe the pepperoni should have been down one layer, though the burnt edges didn't taste bad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_184504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	979189Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_183820.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	979190Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_185610.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	979191Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_192528.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	979192Click image for larger version  Name:	20210122_193024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	979193
    Last edited by treesmacker; January 23, 2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great, I enjoy crispy pepperoni!

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Since I got my Ooni, I've become a total pizza snob - no other pizza measures up.

The presentation here is straight from the grill, before being plattered for serving. After salting and slashing this spatchcocked chicken I doused it in lime juice and zest and sent it to the fridge for a rest. I smoked it on the kettle with hickory and finished it with an altered version of Chris Lilly's Apricot sauce, instead using raspberry jam and smoked chipotle. It was amazing!
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Pit!

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice first post!

• Porky Bump
      Porky Bump commented
      Editing a comment
      As you can see I've been around for awhile but haven't used this forum. I've used many of the recipes on the site and have gotten comfortable enough with some of them to riff on them. I'll try to start posting here a bit more but I don't usually think about it until there's nothing left but the dirty dishes. Wishing you all blue smoke, camaraderie and full bellies!

Lo Mein using leftover Shredded pork Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210124_015929709.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	979222

Comment

Last night's beef ribs. I followed advice from others here and dry brined with salt over night. Smoked them for 7.5 hrs. at anywhere from 225 to 250 deg. using oak. Stalled at 164 deg. for a while. Didn't wrap them like I usually do. The smaller portion got away from me a little. I pulled it at 205 deg. The larger portion was pulled at 198 deg. Both came out tender but not quite as moist as I had hoped though. I paired it with some roasted parsnips with a honey/butter glaze Click image for larger version

Name:	20210123_182501.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	979242Click image for larger version

Name:	20210123_183904.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	979243

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Grab the handle of that rib and rip into it - that's what I'd do! Fantastic job!

• TylerYarbrough
      TylerYarbrough commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice cook! I've only done those beef bones once, and did wrap (with a slosh of beer). I'll def. do it again.

Coldsmoked trout and scrambled eggs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16114852400106154646715156102361.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	979247

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Breakfast of champions.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessire indeed theroc

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Another great Scandahoovian meal!

Simple Saturday night cook: Chicken on the PBC (350° PBC temp) along with some hot Italian sausages. Smallest half done in 1 hour, the rest done in 1 hour 10 minutes.

Name:	Jan 23 2021 PBC Cook.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	979294

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, frailinryan , it's easier for me to cook the chicken in halves. I get a quick cook, crispy (ish) skin, and it's easier to put the halves on/take them off because only one hook through the armpit is necessary.

I hang the sausage hanger off the rod piece from the turkey hanger, the rod stretching nicely between the rebars so the sausages (30 min or so) are in the center of the barrel and a little more distanced from the chicken halves than when hanging the sausage basket from a rebar.

K.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      PBC!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      HawkerXP Hey man, you left 2 of them out!

spot of breakfast with left over rancho gordo black beans and chili sriracha
    Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      #Money!

I meant to post this yesterday, but fell asleep after supper

Smoked a pork butt yesterday to make pulled pork. Had some excellent pulled pork sandwiches last night, we're going to have some more today for lunch. Then the rest of the leftovers are going to go into a Brunswick Stew I'm going to be making soon

This particular cook ended up presenting several unexpected problems, including one of my two temperature probes malfunctioning. I powered through the issues and got the cook done with flying colors anyway, kind of proud of myself for that
    Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice bark on that bump, perseverance paid off

My wife and I have been binge watching Kevin Costner’s Yellowstone all week so that gave us a hankerin fer biscuits
    Just pulled these outta the oven
    yee haw
    Attached Files

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!
      I've never tried this so i don't know what i'm missing.. 😆

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      BradNorthGA go to Recipes Baking section I've started a thread asking for biscuit recipes.
      You'll find the one I used there

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      They look awesome! Please pass the butter and honey!

Pan fried some pork chops and cube steaks.
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn it!!! Now this! After the sausage gravy and biscuits yesterday!! I can’t tell you how much i love pan fried steak!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m totally putting chicken fried steak on the menu this week!

• jpietrantone
      jpietrantone commented
      Editing a comment
      Never knew this would be so popular on this board! It was honestly my first attempt and turned out really well! Spinaker barelfly SheilaAnn

Here is one of my favorite things to make. Blackstone steak samies.

I go to my local butcher and have them shave up some ribeye for me. I make sure they are slicing that stuff really thin. It makes it so much easier to cook and chop while you are making them.

I throw the meat on the Blackstone, then add the onions and mushrooms to the side and let them cook. I continuously chop and flip thereat until it is all minced up. Then I will mix in the onions, mushrooms and cheese. I like to use white American cheese and Gouda. These are killer, and really easy to make. People looooove these.

Name:	IMG_0537.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	979435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	979436Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	979437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0564.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	979438

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I would be happy to have you any time for a steak sammie night. We might get into a lot of trouble though. Troutman

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I did this on the camp chef a couple times, they come out great! That looks excellent

Sous Vide Que Picanha.......

Name:	picanha 02.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	979440Click image for larger version

Name:	picanha 01.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	979441

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks grand!

• TylerYarbrough
      TylerYarbrough commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh...my....

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Your presentation is always so perfect! Your cookin ain't bad either! ✔✔✔💥

Getting some badly-needed rain here in Altadena, so needed to cook inside again. Made some comforting 50/50 beef/pork meatloaf.

Name:	PXL_20210124_031933180.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	979590

Comment

For the games: Pulled pork nachos with black olives, pickled jalapenos slices, canned diced tomatoes and green chillies, red onion, extra sharp cheddar, pepper jack, bacon, chipotle cream drizzle, scallion greens, cooked cilantro leaves.

Name:	PXL_20210124_203011204-02.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	979602Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210124_203830058-01.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	979603

Comment

Rolling some smoke for our GameDay dinner! Should be ready for kickoff. Go Chiefs!
        Attached Files

Comment

• jpietrantone
          jpietrantone commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great! Congrats on the win. Hopefully my Bills can beat you next year! Good luck against the Bucs!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here